Kraton blx 4s 1/10 shock absorbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oggy1987

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Good morning guys and girls, I read somewhere that I can upgrade my plastic shocks on the Kraton to aluminium shocks from another Arrma model?

I can't find where and what ones ? could someone point me in the right direction please ?

Muchly appreciated, Sam.

Hi Sam, I recently did the move to the typhon 6s shocks on my kraton listening to all the hype about how much better they are than the 4s shocks . Spoiler alert ! No better and require more work to fit them like bushings tuning of the pistons . They are shorter as well . Once you stop the 4s shocks leaking at the shaft they are very good . I simply took the supplied o rings and spacer out and fitted four of these in the cartridge and they haven’t leaked one drop and it’s easy to see if they are ( sticky ring at the bottom of the shaft ) save your money for something that will give you a reward , you get 25 in a pack .

Attachments

• 6796F612-A6DF-4979-846A-921C76B7FE71.png
    6796F612-A6DF-4979-846A-921C76B7FE71.png
    722.6 KB · Views: 76
Hi Sam, I recently did the move to the typhon 6s shocks on my kraton listening to all the hype about how much better they are than the 4s shocks . Spoiler alert ! No better and require more work to fit them like bushings tuning of the pistons . They are shorter as well . Once you stop the 4s shocks leaking at the shaft they are very good . I simply took the supplied o rings and spacer out and fitted four of these in the cartridge and they haven’t leaked one drop and it’s easy to see if they are ( sticky ring at the bottom of the shaft ) save your money for something that will give you a reward , you get 25 in a pack .
Perfect thank you, just ordered some. What weight of oil are you using for bashing?

The Typhon 6s shock shafts will be a little short for the K4S. I used Talion shafts instead. Also the Typhon 6s springs are way too soft and I used the Kraton 6s springs instead. I am also running 80W shock oil. This setup is great for a high jumping basher.

The Typhon 6s shock shafts will be a little short for the K4S. I used Talion shafts instead. Also the Typhon 6s springs are way too soft and I used the Kraton 6s springs instead. I am also running 80W shock oil. This setup is great for a high jumping basher.
I believe the talon shafts make them the correct length , but this only goes to confirm they need more work to get them to work than the normal shocks . I’m using the 6s shocks and I’m happy but I’d say they’re not worth the outlay for the benefits . I got mine for free by buying and breaking a new typhon 6s
Perfect thank you, just ordered some. What weight of oil are you using for bashing?
Before I sorted the leak completely I was running 600 wt and jumped high lovely but rebounded a tiny bit slow, standard is 500 I think so get a bottle of 550 and 600 and try both out

My typhon 6s shocks on my fat granite (heavier than a stock outcast 4s) is working awesome. I didn't shorten the shafts or change the shafts. I did print some half bushings for the upper shock mount and that tightened up the mounting greatly. I am also using tekno springs all the way around on 60wt shock oil and 1.4 pistons all around. Stays planted, rebounds the right amount at the right speed, compresses the right amount at the right speed, and handles the weight perfectly. I despise plastic shocks.

I believe the talon shafts make them the correct length , but this only goes to confirm they need more work to get them to work than the normal shocks . I’m using the 6s shocks and I’m happy but I’d say they’re not worth the outlay for the benefits . I got mine for free by buying and breaking a new typhon 6s

Before I sorted the leak completely I was running 600 wt and jumped high lovely but rebounded a tiny bit slow, standard is 500 I think so get a bottle of 550 and 600 and try both out
Is this 600wt or 600cst?

My typhon 6s shocks on my fat granite (heavier than a stock outcast 4s) is working awesome. I didn't shorten the shafts or change the shafts. I did print some half bushings for the upper shock mount and that tightened up the mounting greatly. I am also using tekno springs all the way around on 60wt shock oil and 1.4 pistons all around. Stays planted, rebounds the right amount at the right speed, compresses the right amount at the right speed, and handles the weight perfectly. I despise plastic shocks.
What Tekno springs did you go with?

Got those springs, they rub the Typhon shock bodies?‍♂️ I don’t think that’s going to work? I guess Tekno springs are a smaller ID than Arrma springs?

What do you mean by rub? I got those part numbers off my order sheet. Not having issues with them so far.

What do you mean by rub? I got those part numbers off my order sheet. Not having issues with them so far.
The inside of the spring rubs the threads on the shock bodies while compressing the shocks.

I just checked my rears. Compressed it by hand and I hear no binding/rubbing coming from the springs ?‍♂️ fronts are the same, no binding/rubbing.

Attachments

• 20200509_170447.jpg
    20200509_170447.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 45
Gotta mess with them a bit. Definitely rubbing thought. Maybe they need broke in a bit?‍♂️ I don’t want to damage the threads on my shock bodies!

So there’s definitely a difference in size. Measured both the Typhon and Tekno springs. Check out photos.
1F195FAC-71CD-4ED0-A93F-19CD45FF9DC2.jpeg

Typhon
83A2DF76-69FF-4431-B947-2A553DDCBA15.jpeg

Tekno

Both springs are orange. One is 80mm and the other is 90mm. Are you using the 90mm on the rears?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back