Kraton body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3dplank

Reaction score
Painted my first kraton body. Loving this truck.

Attachments

• 20190130_175047.jpg
    20190130_175047.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 190
  • 20190130_175040.jpg
    20190130_175040.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 20190130_175035.jpg
    20190130_175035.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 103
Which shelf in your house are you planning to store it on? Too nice to use for bashing. Just ask @Mr.Duke. Disturbing before and after photos posted without consent of the owner:p

Attachments

• IMG_8273.JPG
    IMG_8273.JPG
    294.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_8528.JPG
    IMG_8528.JPG
    699.1 KB · Views: 89
I cried a little when I saw your after shots.
I looked at it kinda like when one of those car manufacturers have to donate a new one for crash test data. Turns out it only got 2 stars, so I'm working on version 2.0, that I'll just use for speed runs and parking lot blasting. Perhaps an occasional (sober) jump or two.

I'm curious to how it holds up to bashing.

I've not had great luck with SpazStix paint unfortunately. Not sure if it was something I did but I've never had it happen before using other brands
IMG_8837.jpg

Turned out great until the first hard bash and the paint started flaking off from hard landings and flex. Perhaps it was the two layers of gorilla tape in the underside (?) Got much worse with each bash afterwards after I pulled it all off.

Did you use the prep spray first and let it dry for 24 hours? I did not rush it. I let each coat dry 24 hours. I'll let you know how it holds up. Not sure never used it before.

Yes, I wash it twice, hit it with prep spray, later the next afternoon applied chrome then waited 24hrs before backing it with black. Waited another week to fully cure before applying gorilla tape. I was happy even though it wasn't exactly "mirror" quality and somewhat clouded, it did turn out nice before i started beating on it tho
IMG_8841.PNG

The only thing that I could think of afterwards that I could've done to sabotage the paint job, was that Iused those thick blue shop paper towels to dry the body off after soaping and rinsing. I noticed afterwards when you take one and run it under water and squeeze it there was a bit of foam /bubbles leading me to think those paper towels could've left a residue behind that affected the paints adhesion. Wasn't the end of the world as I used it as my "send it, I don't care" body of 7 months before it finally needed to be retired.

Last edited:
Nah, Spaz Stix is notorious (ha) for flaking off. You have to wash the body first with selsun blue instead of dish soap. No seriously Spaz Stix isn’t as clingy as tamiya and you have to apply it in light-LIGHT layers. Cool stuff I use it for detail lines but never for whole body applications.

You can see I used the chrome recently on the truck bed and center spine in the rear on my Tekno ET48.3

^ that is a killer lookin body and paint job. What body is that and will it fit a v2 Tallion?

^ that is a killer lookin body and paint job. What body is that and will it fit a v2 Tallion?
Thank you, it’s a Tekno ET48 stock body. It is too narrow for the Talion, but check out mugen/Kyosho/ associated bodies which will fit with minor alterations

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back