Kraton Kraton breakage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have yet to break anything significant on mine and it only has minimal upgrades (front bumper, rear skid, chassis braces, servo mount, wheelie bar, motor heatsink/fan). Bent the wing mount screws and had a front upper arm screw fall out. That's about it.

I haven't got to run my truck a lot recently, but I guess a broken bulkhead and a destroyed rear arm/hingepin are my last things that broke, but that was awhile ago. I switched to a 3DRC wing mount and M2C hinge pin kit, so IDK what, if any, my trucks weak points are. Maybe blown out tires? My truck is a tank, only way to make it beefier would be alu bulk heads and M2C chassis.

After complete beef, I would say tires, grenading a diff, and abused plastic parts like the arms are the only things that have much of a chance to break. (Unless you are absolutely sending it). The body too if you don't have a roll cage (but I consider that part of absolute beef)

Depending how you drive, and we all bash completley different, it is hard to say what will break.
User error, driving is the factor. I don't break more than $20-$50. When I do break something.
All my breakages were user error 99% of the time. Not counting worn parts that break with normal use. It just happens. I don't believe in slamming every part I broke with an upgrade. Many think breaking an OE part is an excuse to pay more for many upgrades that are just bling in many cases Stock parts are fine in most cases. User error is to blame, not the OE parts. And they are cheap enough to have spares on hand.
My Kraton6s has alloy F/R braces( strengthens the chassis) CF sleeving over the OE T2T brace. ( no more bending now)
RPM wing mounts boiled in water for 15 or so minutes.. But they break also. ( user error)
T bone F/R bumpers. EXB's or RPM bumpers are probably just as good. Rest is all stock.

I break much, much less now, now that I learned the K6s better. And I am not a very big Air guy. FWIW. Need space and not hit things. That's all.
Landing flat on all fours. That comes with practice.

Last edited:
Lol more then I would like to admit. Mostly why I leave it parked most the time now. Min $20 every time I take it out on just wear items. If I push it that day hard $50 to $100. If I take it out a few times a week I pretty much buy a new one every month. If I am not jumping it at all it will run pack after pack. I keep track of all things I buy. My kraton last year cost me $2000 in just replacing broken parts. Diffs being the main issue. I would buy 5 at a time from Jenny's 😂
If you keep it under 15 feet it should last a while.

I break plastic on my Kraton EXB every time I take it out. It's not expensive with Jenny's around. I think it is the long a-arms and heavier wheels, because I beat the ever-loving snot out of my Truggy Typhon without the same issue. Much shorter A-arms. Kraton is king, but the beefinated Typhon has taken me by surprise and is becoming my favorite.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back