Kraton Kraton build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
V3 shocks, hot racing diff housing and cups, voltage suspension mounts accept on the very rear,dboot backflips,Hi-Tech hsb8390 servo,hot racing steering blocks and rear hubs, gpm extended hubs, rpm arms all around, hobbystar 4082 6s, Markhor chassis brace,hot racing front center diff mount,rear hot racing shock mount,mud guards,rpm bumper and skid plates.

20181024_150645.jpg

20181013_073322.jpg

20180929_134724.jpg

20181024_151943.jpg
20181006_155232.jpg

Attachments

• 20180929_134724.jpg
    20180929_134724.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 20181013_073322.jpg
    20181013_073322.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 60
Any idea if that amazing looking Markhor chassis brace will work with the Voltage Hobby chassis braces? I've been thinking about a tower to tower and that looks stout but if it won't work with the voltage chassis braces then... that's that.

And amazing build!

Okay one final question, how are you liking the Hot Racing hubs?

Any idea if that amazing looking Markhor chassis brace will work with the Voltage Hobby chassis braces? I've been thinking about a tower to tower and that looks stout but if it won't work with the voltage chassis braces then... that's that.

And amazing build!

If the voltage hobby chassis brace is an exact replica of the factory plastic one then yes it should fit fine. But just a heads up with this Tower to Tower brace, it's best to screw in the center diff first and then moved to the front and then if there's any movement needed do the adjustment off the rear. Because a chassis could have a slight possible Bend in it that is not visible to the human eye, you might have to push slightly on the back end against whatever way your chassis might be bent to get the back holes the lineup, mine wasn't bad at all because it was a brand new chassis. I just think with the aluminum hubs, bulkheads, diff cups and suspension mounts it's going to be heavier on the ends of these chassis so a bulkhead to bulkhead brace is much needed. Hot racing hubs are awesome, as far as the front ones no more popping off the pillow ball and both front and rear have bigger bearings than a factory ones. Easily one of my favorite parts.

Did you replace the red front aluminum plate with that top brace or did you put it on top? I seen one on reddit that put it directly on top and others where they take it out

I went and ordered those braces for my Kraton and my Typhon. They look so much better than the square aluminum one I built and I’m sure they are lighter. With the Australian to US currency conversion, it wasn’t that expensive. I wonder how long it takes to get them.

I went and ordered those braces for my Kraton and my Typhon. They look so much better than the square aluminum one I built and I’m sure they are lighter. With the Australian to US currency conversion, it wasn’t that expensive. I wonder how long it takes to get them.

It took just over a week to deliver to Canada. Was not too bad. I haven't had time to install them yet but I got one for my Outcast and Kraton. I just didn't like how the tower to tower put strain on the shock towers and such. Worth giving them a try I guess

Took mine out.

Thanks. One more question. Did you need longer screws for the two holes in the rear where it screws into the bulkhead?

Last edited:
Thanks. One more question. Did you need longer screws for the two holes in the rear where it screws into the bulkhead?

I believe so. The thing is I've had the kraton for going on 2 years and as you probably know when you start ordering parts certain things come with extra screws so after a long period of time you end up with a ton of them. My point is that I'm sure the ones I used for the rear or not Factory. I'm assuming you're talking about where it goes through the wing mount.

That is a little better if it works good, I might get one. I'll let you test it for me. Let me know how it goes.

Two braces with shipping came to $ 107.32. When you look at what the HR steering hubs cost or HR motor mount, it really doesn’t seam that unreasonable. Plus I think this brace is pretty important if you bash your truck hard.

And amazing build!

Installing it will be a giant pain in the ass with the voltage hobbies chassis brace because of the loose nut they use on the top side. It’s damn near impossible to get under the markhor brace. To hold the nylon nut while you screw it in the the bottom of the chassis. The markhor brace in general will make accessing things much more tedious.

I removed the red plate and used the end of the brace as a replacement. The black piece that goes between the two steering posts secures from underneath. I don't know what @Crash did with his. I had to remove the entire front end and attached the brace to it first. Now if I don't need that piece between the two steering posts, then in becomes easier.

20181103_190610.jpg

All's I did was remove the red plate and replaced it with the top brace. I hope this helps.you can also leave the red plate if you felt like it there's enough angle on the front bulkhead to allow this.
20181103_175111.jpg

Last edited:
The red plate has a plastic piece that goes on top of it that hold two metal collars that the screws for the steering posts go through. Where is yours?

The red plate has a plastic piece that goes on top of it that hold two metal collars that the screws for the steering posts go through. Where is yours?

The older versions of kraton (v1-v2) don’t have that piece

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back