Kraton Kraton chassis brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THC

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. New to the forum & just got a 6s kraton. I've ben seeing alot of videos of guys running no chassis brace ( the long one). Why is this & what is the advantages?

The long stock red brace can actually bend the chassis plate so people take it off completely. Happened to Aussie RC. Get yourself a pair of front and rear alloy chassis braces and you don't need it, the stock front and rear braces are plastic.

You refer to the tower to tower (T2T) brace. Chassis braces are absolutely mandatory.

Many think that T2T brace does more harm than good and can cause the chassis to bend. The V3 Kraton did not come with a T2T brace and it seems there were fewer bent chassis problems.
The general consensus is that:
- the stock plastic chassis braces should be replaced by aftermarket amuminum braces if you want to jump the car;
- the T2T brace is not needed if you have aluminum chassis braces and an aftermarket chassis (like M2C or Just Bash It);

The usefulness of the T2T if you only have aluminum chassis braces and stock chassis is still under debate.

I have GKA chassis braces and a M2C chassis and I removed the T2T,

You refer to the tower to tower (T2T) brace. Chassis braces are absolutely mandatory.

Many think that T2T brace does more harm than good and can cause the chassis to bend. The V3 Kraton did not come with a T2T brace and it seems there were fewer bent chassis problems.
The general consensus is that:
- the stock plastic chassis braces should be replaced by aftermarket amuminum braces if you want to jump the car;
- the T2T brace is not needed if you have aluminum chassis braces and an aftermarket chassis (like M2C or Just Bash It);

The usefulness of the T2T if you only have aluminum chassis braces and stock chassis is still under debate.

I have GKA chassis braces and a M2C chassis and I removed the T2T,
Ok. So do I need the front T2T mount then?

I'd keep it on get some alloy chassis braces tho, if your doing 1 at a time do the rear first that's where mine bent but from constant hard landings , the front only bent when I broke that screw in the top of the front brace

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back