Kraton Kraton chassis stiffener $14.50

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kauaiguy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
image.jpeg
I bought a second Kraton chassis for $14.50 on Ebay and bolted to the bottom with longer screws. Removes almost all flex.

If you had a TIG welder you could drill out all the holes wider in the added on chassis, use the same stock screws and just tack weld the second chassis to the main chassis. I did think of doing that but there is more than one way to skin a cat. This here is awesome ....I never thought to just make the one frame just a strip down the center.....That's a great idea. Also....you just added a nice skid plate that can be changed out later. Thanks for posting this.......This is well done.

Your rear A-Arm mud flaps are well done also....I like how they bend around the edge.

Last edited:
If you had a TIG welder you could drill out all the holes wider in the added on chassis, use the same stock screws and just tack weld the second chassis to the main chassis. I did think of doing that but there is more than one way to skin a cat. This here is awesome ....I never thought to just make the one frame just a strip down the center.....That's a great idea. Also....you just added a nice skid plate that can be changed out later. Thanks for posting this.......This is well done.

Your rear A-Arm mud flaps are well done also....I like how they bend around the edge.
I cut the chassis with a 4inch metal cut off wheel ,than took a file to the edge.I didn't think it would be that noticable having the chassis stiffer,but it does!!

Very clever and easy too!

So is it just the 4 screws at each of the diffs that are holding the second chassis on, and all the others holding servo, battery case etc, are original screws just in the first chassis?

Very clever and easy too!

So is it just the 4 screws at each of the diffs that are holding the second chassis on, and all the others holding servo, battery case etc, are original screws just in the first chassis?
Front and back diff screws and motor mount screws hold the plate on.

That's a fantastic idea. I'm ordering one right now. It actually seems like a better idea than any of the braces that I've seen online.
I also like that the weight is lower than adding a tower brace.
I can't imagine that it added that much weight either.
SWEET!
Stockstinks.

Already have my second plate, just need to get a cutoff wheel. Doing the same thing as the OP. :) I think this is the best solution for chassis flex that Ive seen so far.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back