Kraton Kraton chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motorider

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So, my trade turned out to be a bit of a bummer. All 3 diffs were bad. I bought 2 complete new ones to replace the front and rear. I rebuilt the center with leftover parts.

During complete teardown to install a full avid racing bearing kit, I found that the front hinge pins we're bent and the chassis looks like the ocean. Is it common to bend the chassis? Will good chassis braces help? I plan to scour flea bay again to come up with a new chassis. Are there any aftermarket options?

Thanks for the help guys and gals.

Something else to note. Does anyone know the differences between v2 and 2018 chassis plate? I know the tower braces are slightly different. What would it take to convert to that chassis? I'm not paying $62 for a new vehicle in the store. The eBay guy said he would have more at $17 in 2 or 3 weeks. Just want to get my ducks in a row. Will I need v2 or v3 chassis braces?

According to the owners manuals for the V1, V2 and V3 Kraton, all of the Kratons have the same chassis AR320197. So you should be able to buy a chassis off of an old or new Kraton and have it work.

Thanks much. I should have just compared myself. I had the be instructions downloaded myself to compare diff housings. This rig has the v3 front diff housing and battery tray.

I visited a while with voltage hobbies and he said that he didn't advise the tower to tower brace. He said it puts excess stress on the diff housings.

Got her finished up. First test drive went really good. I went with diff fluids as follows. FCR 10k, 60k, 7k. I must replace the steering servo. This thing takes a big sweeping turn unless I'm on the brakes to kick the wheels around. It's pretty quick even om 4s with a 17t pinion. Heat was no problem since it was like 40 outside.

I visited a while with voltage hobbies and he said that he didn't advise the tower to tower brace. He said it puts excess stress on the diff housings.

Totally understand. Mine has been holding strong, gear boxes too. And yeah the stock servo is not enough for a Kraton. I took mine out and put it in a 1/10 buggy and it rocks.

I saw a guy on YouTube,,,had a1” square aluminum rod going right down the middle,,,he notched both ends to fit between the shock towers nice and snug,,,pretty neat,,,I’m going to do it.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back