Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Kraton chassis

Discussion in 'Kraton' started by Motorider, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Motorider

Motorider Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    So, my trade turned out to be a bit of a bummer. All 3 diffs were bad. I bought 2 complete new ones to replace the front and rear. I rebuilt the center with leftover parts.

During complete teardown to install a full avid racing bearing kit, I found that the front hinge pins we're bent and the chassis looks like the ocean. Is it common to bend the chassis? Will good chassis braces help? I plan to scour flea bay again to come up with a new chassis. Are there any aftermarket options?

Thanks for the help guys and gals.

2. Motorider

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    Something else to note. Does anyone know the differences between v2 and 2018 chassis plate? I know the tower braces are slightly different. What would it take to convert to that chassis? I'm not paying $62 for a new vehicle in the store. The eBay guy said he would have more at $17 in 2 or 3 weeks. Just want to get my ducks in a row. Will I need v2 or v3 chassis braces?

3. chevys10zr2003

chevys10zr2003 Premium Member!
    Premium Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Senton, Typhon
    According to the owners manuals for the V1, V2 and V3 Kraton, all of the Kratons have the same chassis AR320197. So you should be able to buy a chassis off of an old or new Kraton and have it work.

Motorider likes this.
  4. Motorider

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    Thanks much. I should have just compared myself. I had the be instructions downloaded myself to compare diff housings. This rig has the v3 front diff housing and battery tray.

5. dpricenator

dpricenator Premium Member!
    Premium Member Excellence Award

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    You can use a tower to tower brace like this.

6. Motorider

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    I visited a while with voltage hobbies and he said that he didn't advise the tower to tower brace. He said it puts excess stress on the diff housings.

7. Motorider

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    Got her finished up. First test drive went really good. I went with diff fluids as follows. FCR 10k, 60k, 7k. I must replace the steering servo. This thing takes a big sweeping turn unless I'm on the brakes to kick the wheels around. It's pretty quick even om 4s with a 17t pinion. Heat was no problem since it was like 40 outside.

8. dpricenator

dpricenator Premium Member!
    Premium Member Excellence Award

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    Totally understand. Mine has been holding strong, gear boxes too. And yeah the stock servo is not enough for a Kraton. I took mine out and put it in a 1/10 buggy and it rocks.

9. EAGLELITE

EAGLELITE Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton

10. EAGLELITE

EAGLELITE Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    I saw a guy on YouTube,,,had a1” square aluminum rod going right down the middle,,,he notched both ends to fit between the shock towers nice and snug,,,pretty neat,,,I’m going to do it.....

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer