Kraton Kraton chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slogrits

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Warped my chassis this weekend. I ordered the @Voltage Hobbies rear brace hope it helps. I hit a rock coming off a hill and it hit right where the chassis tapers. Not a bi jump 10in high on to a large rock that was out of my view. Is there any chassis upgrades ,while I’m looking, that would work? Maybe a Team Durango one. Any ideas?

Warped my chassis this weekend. I ordered the @Voltage Hobbies rear brace hope it helps. I hit a rock coming off a hill and it hit right where the chassis tapers. Not a bi jump 10in high on to a large rock that was out of my view. Is there any chassis upgrades ,while I’m looking, that would work? Maybe a Team Durango one. Any ideas?

Markhor designs is working a on milled 4mm 7075 chassis. https://www.facebook.com/markhordesigns/

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
A hard anodized 7075-T6 aluminum 4mm chassis from Markhor Designs sounds great, but when I click on the link, it looks like just a 6061 aluminum chassis from Team Bash It RC? It shows the chassis will be 5mm thick and allows all standard mounting hardware. However, the stock chassis is less than 4mm I believe (maybe only 3.5mm), so this difference in chassis thickness may cause a problem with screw lengths (possibly increase all the screw lengths underneath by 2mm?) It also don't like that Team Bash It RC chassis does not utilize the side guards (would lose some protection from mud, dirt, etc flying inside), and by extending the aluminum chassis outwards, this just adds unnecessary weight. This 6061 chassis looks heavy...
https://www.facebook.com/JBIRC/phot...968278215256/2847401995271883/?type=3&theater

Come on someone step up and make a 7075-T6 aluminum chassis...

A hard anodized 7075-T6 aluminum 4mm chassis from Markhor Designs sounds great, but when I click on the link, it looks like just a 6061 aluminum chassis from Team Bash It RC? It shows the chassis will be 5mm thick and allows all standard mounting hardware. However, the stock chassis is less than 4mm I believe (maybe only 3.5mm), so this difference in chassis thickness may cause a problem with screw lengths (possibly increase all the screw lengths underneath by 2mm?) It also don't like that Team Bash It RC chassis does not utilize the side guards (would lose some protection from mud, dirt, etc flying inside), and by extending the aluminum chassis outwards, this just adds unnecessary weight. This 6061 chassis looks heavy...
https://www.facebook.com/JBIRC/phot...968278215256/2847401995271883/?type=3&theater

Come on someone step up and make a 7075-T6 aluminum chassis...
5mm 6061 will be heavy as hell. It does look awesome though. But the X-maxx wheels on the Kraton is the dumbest thing I've seen today :D

Last edited:
Last edited:
I just realized this is a completely different guy. Not Markhor designs. Michael Meyer he's the german guy that makes stuff.

Correct, that one I linked is from another Facebook guy. He doesn't use the sides because the chassis actually has aluminum sides. It starts with a thicker slab of aluminum and mills it down in the center, leaving sides for protection. At least thats how it appeared in other pictures I seen.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back