Kraton Kraton Cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks good... I'll have to try that also.
I should clarify. You can use it to soak metal parts which is what we do for the barrel and it's a great cleaner but then then wipe it all off when done. It leaves a very thin layer on it to keep it protected against rust.
When using it to lubricate we just use a small amount applied with a qtip

This Gibbs Brand is a product I absolutely love. So it's just one of those things you want others to try so bad. However, the stuff is expensive. If I can find something else that works just as good.... I'm in. Then there is the saying.... you get what you pay for. $20 dollars a can !!! I just wish I can find it for $7.

How is the smell of Ballistol ? The only reason I get Gibbs is because I've seeen people trust it on antique car paint.

This Gibbs Brand is a product I absolutely love. So it's just one of those things you want others to try so bad. However, the stuff is expensive. If I can find something else that works just as good.... I'm in. Then there is the saying.... you get what you pay for. $20 dollars a can !!! I just wish I can find it for $7.

How is the smell of Ballistol ? The only reason I get Gibbs is because I've seeen people trust it on antique car paint.
Ah, the smell. Not my favorite thing about it. It doesn't linger but some don't like it very much but it doesn't bother me at all

I know this Kraton is supposed to be waterproof but is everyone really spraying down the entire car inside and out with their cleaner of choice? I'm still a little hesitant to do that I guess

I just clean mine up good during rebuilds. During good times, while it's still working, I use my compressor to just blow it off after a day out, SimpleGreen for mud. just to get a majority of grass and sand or mud out. I put the Gibbs on the metal with the brush....it totally stops stuff from rusting. It also gets into the outdrives and keeps them working well. If you really want to clean it up...it works wonders on plastic, tires etc. You can spray everything, but I don't. (may get into bearings and break down grease) However....I will douche down a cold engine compartment in a full size vehicle with it. It's advertised as good for connectors and brake lines etc. The stuff they use to salt the roads here is brutal on a vehicle. If you ever want to sell an RC..stuff like Gibbs can really clean them up well.....it may also preserve my Jeep long enough to give it to my 9 year old down the road.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back