Kraton Kraton Club, Is it really that cool!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't resist revising it. lol.
20210301_214017.jpg

Last edited:
The cables for DC are in the upper right of the lid velcro strapped. Just standard Alligator clips.

I see the cables. I haven’t done this so I’m sure I am missing the obvious here, but what you connect the alligator clips to? What are you using for a DC power source in the field? Car battery?

I just run jumper cables out of my car to my box, i run my car while charging as it'll drain ur battery after a few charges . If im at the flight feild they have DC hookups at every workstation powered by a huge bank of lead acid batteries.

My friend has two huge LiFe batteries in series for 24v and two big solar panels to charge them.

So kinda a few different ways u can go.

I just run jumper cables out of my car to my box, i run my car while charging as it'll drain ur battery after a few charges . If im at the flight feild they have DC hookups at every workstation powered by a huge bank of lead acid batteries.

My friend has two huge LiFe batteries in series for 24v and two big solar panels to charge them.

So kinda a few different ways u can go.

Interesting, thanks. I like the solar panel and batteries option.

Being I've broken two ring/input gears now, 2 sun gears, and sheared two pins on the Kraton. Fun Fun. I ordered two full exb open diffs and HR aluminum backplates. Got a full set of exb arms as well. Kraton will get the rear arms and noto gets the front. Making them both have exb arms all the way around, and both got the exb diffs f/r now. YaY lol

20210302_211400.jpg
20210302_211409.jpg

I'm a believer now, lol.

My buddy bought an EXB Kraton "insanely good value, its soooo upgraded lol" and sold me his roller. I've seen him drive his countless times, and I've drove it briefly. Now that It's mine and I really get to be critical and get a feel for it all, I'm so sold lol.

Traded a pair of Dboots backflips "new in package" and $110. Freakin steal in my book.

Dropped in my 150 amp Hobbywing system, $130, that has been itchen for a home for a few months now. Used a stock Arrma servo steering. Bought Duratrax c2 xcons for $65. RPM bumper for $18 or whatever it is. It looks really good and drives/handles amazingly. Thing I love about truggy tires, you really don't need steel belted, as they hardly balloon, plus they just look proper on a Kraton.

BTW lol that wing mount is original and almost a year old. Shocking I know lol.

View attachment 121958

View attachment 121959

View attachment 121960

View attachment 121961
Lookin good I like the older body do the tires get good traction um debating on them or backflip lps

The backflips will grip more. But they wont handle better. These do grab very well though, not to much, not to little. Personally I'd get some truggy tires, I will never go back after having them.

But then again Its my racer/long jumper, and if I wanna bash and do stunts I rip the noto out of the trunk and slam it down lol.

Well the diffs are shimmed and built. I think imma do the install tomorrow as I was up till 2am building that chopper then went to work lol.
20210305_233109.jpg

The Noto has exb lowers all the way around now, exb diffs, exb towers and ackerman, aluminum chassis braces, T2T brace. Shes looking beefy.

20210305_234119.jpg
20210305_234125.jpg

Last edited:
Tossed a Spool in the kraton. So much more my driving style with a locked center. Very happy with it. Also got an adjustable motor mount for the 100mph build. And rebuilt my gp4 front for my notorious. I'm good to go for the weekend. (y)

View attachment 126070
Hello there , how does she feel with the locked centre please , how does it effect the handling ? Very interested with your mod

Hello there , how does she feel with the locked centre please , how does it effect the handling ? Very interested with your mod
It gives much more capability of kicking the rear end out. Which for my driving style I really like. Downside at very low speeds its easy to spin out.

Well time and money out the window as usual, but I had an awesome rc day with friends. Smacked my Kraton right into a rock off road at a very high speed. It not only stopped the vehicle dead but then threw it backwards a couple feet. lol. I attract diff issues lol. Very rare for me to shatter an outdrive cup. But of course I did it to my brand new just installed exb diffs.

20210306_193251.jpg

Well the last piece of the Kraton Build has arrived. Its been a fun build, and it gets aaaaalott of use lol. Unless I run full speed into another rock I don't think it'll be breakin much from here on.

Also as an update the Xcons have been holding well, no loose glue, no cracked rims, no tears. Run on blacktop a lot to. Still don't need to use my spare two yet.

20210315_184828.jpg

Well the last piece of the Kraton Build has arrived. Its been a fun build, and it gets aaaaalott of use lol. Unless I run full speed into another rock I don't think it'll be breakin much from here on.

Also as an update the Xcons have been holding well, no loose glue, no cracked rims, no tears. Run on blacktop a lot to. Still don't need to use my spare two yet.

View attachment 132434
Nice Build! I just put x-con's on my kraton 6s V5 and I loved them on the track for about 2 batteries. Traction was great until I cracked one front wheel and the other front is pretty bent. I took a few hard hits but nothing it hasn't been able to handle with the stock wheels and tires. So I'm curious if you are still having good luck with the x-cons? Do you know of any other wheels that are stronger that my x-cons will fit on? I hate to throw away brand new tires but the wheels just don't seem very strong to me and I don't want to buy more of the same wheels so I can keep breaking them. Of course It would also probably help if I stopped crashing. LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back