Kraton Kraton Destroyed (Rebuild Started!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks....I'm just going to wait for mine to get here. It's too hot to do anything outside anyway. Hey Dubb's, can you tell me what ESC you have and what AWG the wires are going to the motor. Thanks

I use the Hobbywing Quicrun 150a ESC. I'll have to check but I think the motor wires are 10 or 12 gauge. My Leo did come with these big connectors installed on the motor so I had to solder the equivalent one the ESC as well. The motor came with them so no big deal.

Thanks Dubb's. I'm probably going to make a 3 wire harness going from my Mamba X so I can swap in any motor I have. I have to get all the same connectors on everything. Motor should be here Friday....I'll have to add a support under it or something. I'll shove a door jam shim under it and call it good. LOL. IDK....maybe I'll lathe out some Delrin plastic and slide it over the motor near the end.

Be careful adding too many breaks/connectors between your batt/esc/motors. You want the best power flow possible so the less "breaks" in the lines the better.

The 4092 I got has 6mm connectors so I had to solder 6mm ones onto the ESC. It also came with a water cooling jacket that I cut and slid onto the back part of the motor for support. See below.

upload_2016-8-15_16-36-28.png

I saw the water jacket.... If It comes with the motor I'll use it, if not.... Got to find something that works. I'll have the same amount of connectors as any other motor to ESC. The only thing is.... My ESC also has 6.5mm bullet connectors directly on the mother board. I usually make sure all my solder joints are not cold. I think it will be fine but that crossed my mind also.

I have an original Kraton that came with the hubs with the thin outer bearing support that cracked. Arrma beefed up that part and I am running those. Now if you have the V2 Kraton, I believe they use the Tailion hubs which are wider and, in turn, use a shorter hex. I will probably upgrade to those if I have issues with the revised V1 hubs.
I used the Fast Eddy rubber sealed bearing kit and only used a light coating of grease (on the outside) when installing them. I never took them apart and greased the actual bearings. I'm not sure if you can even open them up to be honest...
And like you said, they're not $$$ so just pop in a new one when they go bad.
Awesome rebound Dub - way 2 GET BACK UP. The night I got my 1st 1/8 scale I decided to race a Ford 150 after a few glasses of wine. Well my Earthquake 8E shot under the bottom of the F-150 and got clipped by the right rear tire. Bunch of new parts - I was determined but that was a hard nights sleep boy.

Hi
I have an original Kraton that came with the hubs with the thin outer bearing support that cracked. Arrma beefed up that part and I am running those. Now if you have the V2 Kraton, I believe they use the Tailion hubs which are wider and, in turn, use a shorter hex. I will probably upgrade to those if I have issues with the revised V1 hubs.
I used the Fast Eddy rubber sealed bearing kit and only used a light coating of grease (on the outside) when installing them. I never took them apart and greased the actual bearings. I'm not sure if you can even open them up to be honest...
And like you said, they're not $$$ so just pop in a new one when they go bad.

Hi
Do you know which aftermarket company sells similar bearing kits for the nero?
I went on both @FastEddy and avid sites and they don't have anything for nero.

Looks realy cool !
Great job.

Thanks everyone!
I'll make sure to get few photos before I destroy it...

Hi

Hi
Do you know which aftermarket company sells similar bearing kits for the nero?
I went on both fasteddy and avid sites and they don't have anything for nero.

I would hang tight for a bit.
It won't be long until @FastEddy has a set.

Finally, a few photos with the fresh body mounted up. I added the fender flares and I think they'll help keep the body together when those Trenchers balloon into it!

Kraton-38.jpg
Kraton-39.jpg
Kraton-40.jpg

Looks real nice... The flairs are perfect. That should help big time from ripping the Lexan.

Looks great! Two questions:

1. Which proline extended body mounts did you get and was it a direct bolt on to the shock towers?
2. What body is that? (it looks awesome!)

Thanks!

Thanks everyone. Its back from the dead!

Looks great! Two questions:

1. Which proline extended body mounts did you get and was it a direct bolt on to the shock towers?
2. What body is that? (it looks awesome!)

Thanks!

I got the extended mounts made for the E-Maxx.
They are plenty long and easy to trim down to whatever length is needed. They will bolt right onto the existing holes in the shock towers. I'll snap a photo if you like.

Its the Pro-Line Apocalypse body for the Summit. I have the EXO cage for it too but I'm not sure if I want to use it yet.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back