Kraton Kraton diff oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess a few other variables come into play but what you are saying makes perfect sense . The tires and shock spring setting etc. What type of surface you run on. On or off road etc.....On the road, 50,000 is working decent for me running the stock tires and stock shocks. I don't like when these rigs are popping wheel stands from just breathing on the trigger but others love that. Seems that we are all on or own to find the perfect setup for the Kraton's. Posting different setups does help to get an idea of what to expect. Include some info on the power system, tires and surface may be key to helping others tune better.

I am running stock shock oils but with Tekno silver springs( Stock NT 48 ).......I run on all sorts of surfaces and my truck wheelies like crazy and will even flip over on itself if I am not careful... I have been racing truggies for nearly a decade now so I am used to having a machine with a functioning center diff...The stock tires are very solid and resist ballooning very well, I think the real issues come in when guys strap on old school sloppy MT tires ....I also get great grip with the stock tires and my truck will wheely on nearly every surface, almost soo much grip that it negatively affects the handling........

I think I may have some of the touchiness programmed out through my ESC (Mamba Monster X). I'll have to turn off the punch control and set a linear throttle curve to see if it makes it real touchy. I do have full power set to 100% but my throttle curve is set to roll on the power to work with keeping the truck controllable. The stock ESC has no throttle curve.....I'll have to set mine back to linear and turn off the punch to see if it gets real crazy.

You are correct...this is a truggy/MT. The tuning is different when strapping on big tires of different characteristics and traction. I'm loving the stock tires on this 2016 Kraton so far. Tire choice is going to be key with these rigs also.

The 50k center is working well for me, 100k rear and about 75ishk front... 100k in center wouldent hurt anything imo... i never ran it with stock center, i pulled it out of the box and pulled center diff replaced fluid with 50k... ran well then last week i did front and rear.im loving the arrmas, the kraton launches and handles awesome
What would you recommend for a typhon v4 looking at team losi (TLR) diff oils.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back