Kraton Kraton: Dogbone keeps jumping out of input shaft cup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there still enough suspension travel for the chassis to slap with the bump stops?
yes, I just tested out the nylon washers which is basically the same thing and I still got chassis slap when landing from jumps. This dog bone problem was really frustrating me and I'm so happy I found this thread. I jumped like 100 times with the washers and not a single dog bone popped out.

Feelsgood

@B2Humla
@Moiren

could you please show pictures of your modifications ..that would be great!
haha It's kind of a hassle to capture it in a picture but it's really easy. You just remove the spring perch, remove spring, and unscrew shock rod end. In that order! after that you just slide the washers onto the shaft and put it all back together again.

I used 5 washers on the shaft.

@B2Humla
@Moiren

could you please show pictures of your modifications ..that would be great!

Here is a video...

I added some to my front shocks. I think I added a bit more than in the video I needed more to find my right spot

I ended up using some 3 mm rubber grommets off of amazon instead of washers with my front shocks. The grommets wrap tightly around the bottom of the shafts keeping any crud out. The factory dust covers just sit on the grommets. On compression the rubber grommets have some flex, hopefully easing any the shock when the suspension bottoms out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back