• ISDT Q6 Plus 300W Battery Chargers GIVEAWAY
    ENTER NOW!!!

BLX Kraton drag

Thread starter #1

Pistol87

Arrma RC's
Kraton
ok I have a kraton I want to set up drag I have a mamba monster x and Leopard 1600kn motor what’s a good gearing to start off with? And any tip that might would help ty in advance

Headbangerfacerip

Arrma RC's
Outcast
It depends on everything.... How far of a distance? What size battery? Are you still running the stock pinion and spur? I believe a kraton is 12/50 not sure tho. Just know the higher/bigger the pinion the more top speed but the lower the acceleration.

Thread starter #3

Pistol87

Arrma RC's
Kraton
It depends on everything.... How far of a distance? What size battery? Are you still running the stock pinion and spur? I believe a kraton is 12/50 not sure tho. Just know the higher/bigger the pinion the more top speed but the lower the acceleration.
132ft distances 5200mAh 50c battery 17t pinion stock spur

Headbangerfacerip

Arrma RC's
Outcast
I guess your running 6s? I would put tge biggest pinion in that i could till i noticed a lag of the line. Then i would use the castle link to mess with the punch so it would keep the front end down and make all power about 50ft out. You might get beat off the line but you'll walk around them once that big tooth starts turning.

Thread starter #5

Pistol87

Arrma RC's
Kraton
I guess your running 6s? I would put tge biggest pinion in that i could till i noticed a lag of the line. Then i would use the castle link to mess with the punch so it would keep the front end down and make all power about 50ft out. You might get beat off the line but you'll walk around them once that big tooth starts turning.
Man thanks that’s the best advice I got since I been thinking bout doin this every one else act like they don’t want to give me any advice

Headbangerfacerip

Arrma RC's
Outcast
Eh. People only like to talk about what upgrades they have and what weights they run lol im just playing... This forum is actually very helpful and have alot of good advice. I'm sure you'll meet good people soon. In tge mean time keep an eye on those temps ;)

Thread starter #7

Pistol87

Arrma RC's
Kraton
Whats
Eh. People only like to talk about what upgrades they have and what weights they run lol im just playing... This forum is actually very helpful and have alot of good advice. I'm sure you'll meet good people soon. In tge mean time keep an eye on those temps ;)
normal temps

Killer Kraton

Arrma RC's
Kraton
Temps on a furrther note.
140 Fahrenheit on the can (inside on your rotor its hotter)and your motor" in theory" will last forever except the bearings.

Racers push and will sacrafice the longevity of motors to push the very limits needed to be competetive.
At 180 and hotter around 200 your rotor starts to demagnatize....over time and loose power.

I would run those short burst races geared to temps about 170... if you want the motor to rum forever... cooler temps.

Track racers tune by temperature literally when choosing gearing.
So much variable you got to start somewhere and gear adjust accordingly.

I would start with a 19 tooth with a 1600kv motor drag racing. For a guess.

Killer Kraton

Arrma RC's
Kraton
Im not a racer thi and im sure someone has some racing experience with these temps.
My numbers are very rule of thumb... some motors can go higher but to be safe...mine are guesses