Kraton Kraton drag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pistol87

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
ok I have a kraton I want to set up drag I have a mamba monster x and Leopard 1600kn motor what’s a good gearing to start off with? And any tip that might would help ty in advance

It depends on everything.... How far of a distance? What size battery? Are you still running the stock pinion and spur? I believe a kraton is 12/50 not sure tho. Just know the higher/bigger the pinion the more top speed but the lower the acceleration.

It depends on everything.... How far of a distance? What size battery? Are you still running the stock pinion and spur? I believe a kraton is 12/50 not sure tho. Just know the higher/bigger the pinion the more top speed but the lower the acceleration.
132ft distances 5200mAh 50c battery 17t pinion stock spur

I guess your running 6s? I would put tge biggest pinion in that i could till i noticed a lag of the line. Then i would use the castle link to mess with the punch so it would keep the front end down and make all power about 50ft out. You might get beat off the line but you'll walk around them once that big tooth starts turning.

I guess your running 6s? I would put tge biggest pinion in that i could till i noticed a lag of the line. Then i would use the castle link to mess with the punch so it would keep the front end down and make all power about 50ft out. You might get beat off the line but you'll walk around them once that big tooth starts turning.
Man thanks that’s the best advice I got since I been thinking bout doin this every one else act like they don’t want to give me any advice

Eh. People only like to talk about what upgrades they have and what weights they run lol im just playing... This forum is actually very helpful and have alot of good advice. I'm sure you'll meet good people soon. In tge mean time keep an eye on those temps ;)

Whats
Eh. People only like to talk about what upgrades they have and what weights they run lol im just playing... This forum is actually very helpful and have alot of good advice. I'm sure you'll meet good people soon. In tge mean time keep an eye on those temps ;)
normal temps

Are you asking? If so im pretty sure castle is like 180 max but i would double check. Mine never gets hotter then like 140 cause i only run 4s

Last edited:
Temps on a furrther note.
140 Fahrenheit on the can (inside on your rotor its hotter)and your motor" in theory" will last forever except the bearings.

Racers push and will sacrafice the longevity of motors to push the very limits needed to be competetive.
At 180 and hotter around 200 your rotor starts to demagnatize....over time and loose power.

I would run those short burst races geared to temps about 170... if you want the motor to rum forever... cooler temps.

Track racers tune by temperature literally when choosing gearing.
So much variable you got to start somewhere and gear adjust accordingly.

I would start with a 19 tooth with a 1600kv motor drag racing. For a guess.

Im not a racer thi and im sure someone has some racing experience with these temps.
My numbers are very rule of thumb... some motors can go higher but to be safe...mine are guesses

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back