Kraton EXB 1/5 Scale Electronics Ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay...from your valuable information that ye has sat upon thee. I'm rolling with:
Max 5 Esc
Hobbywing 1100kv
17 tooth pinion
Dumborc Transmitter
Cap pack for 12s

Teacher have I done well?

Okay...from your valuable information that ye has sat upon thee. I'm rolling with:
Max 5 Esc
Hobbywing 1100kv
17 tooth pinion
Dumborc Transmitter
Cap pack for 12s

Teacher have I done well?
Might want to look at upping the pinion size a little bit

How so the esc or the motor 1250 and 1170 seem awful close ??
I would imagine the esc is fine just maybe a better motor like t.p. and if not WTF horizon get your heads out your butt and make more power before you release a huge roller ,hahah I mean really come on
So what's your suggestion?

Video just released of guy running the spektrum 1250 set up ,with 26t p. And a 39 spur absolutely ripped.

15A06A13-7352-4168-A738-35D44F6767F0.jpeg

Gotta go big or go home

What pin / spur are you running ?
I just picked up the Max 5 / 5687 for mine , and got a 25t and 27t pin to start . Want to see speed / temps with these .
I've got 33T and runs awesome. I have a 60mm fan to cool the motor though and barely goes above 110F/40C.
Video just released of guy running the spektrum 1250 set up ,with 26t p. And a 39 spur absolutely ripped.
He had super hot motor temps unsurprisingly though. That motor will be cooked in no time with that gearing.

6AEA7876-31C6-4E2F-8C17-B4713D0F7634.jpeg
6B6E828D-E696-4522-8884-B5A02C9D7C77.jpeg

XlX 2 with the leopard 58113 1050kv. Going to do 39 spur 29 pinion. First 8s for me. Pretty pumped but I'm waiting on the dang motor delivery. Read a couple people running the motor really loved it. Plus I love red so hey sounded great.

Nice , maybe better motor is needed from the 1250kv ther also make a 780kv I believe. Personally I just like the spektrum esc stuff. Really want try a t.p. motor apparently there really good.

I would always suggest Castle but recently and I am not sure if the quality had gone down because of covid but had two relatively new Mamaba x esc smoke up and break on me within the the first 2 uses. This was using 6s on 8s capable esc. I sent them both back for replacement but maybe just try something else? I could have been unlucky but not sure casltw is the leader in quality at this stage. Just my 2 cents.

I would always suggest Castle but recently and I am not sure if the quality had gone down because of covid but had two relatively new Mamaba x esc smoke up and break on me within the the first 2 uses. This was using 6s on 8s capable esc. I sent them both back for replacement but maybe just try something else? I could have been unlucky but not sure casltw is the leader in quality at this stage. Just my 2 cents.
I was going to get a Max 5 but I was convinced to spend the extra cash for the xlx2. Hopefully that wasn't a mistake

Nice , maybe better motor is needed from the 1250kv ther also make a 780kv I believe. Personally I just like the spektrum esc stuff. Really want try a t.p. motor apparently there really good.
Spektrum has a 1100kv and 800kv motor coming out soon.

I was going to get a Max 5 but I was convinced to spend the extra cash for the xlx2. Hopefully that wasn't a mistake
Same here. I actually ended up buying both. I figured I would use the other in a future project. I'm going with the castle first time around.
Spektrum has a 1100kv and 800kv motor coming out soon.
Spektrum does that and it's a wrap. They will monopolize the industry with their Horizon Hobby foot print and telemetry.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back