Kraton EXB 1/5 Scale Electronics Ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 132115View attachment 132116
XlX 2 with the leopard 58113 1050kv. Going to do 39 spur 29 pinion. First 8s for me. Pretty pumped but I'm waiting on the dang motor delivery. Read a couple people running the motor really loved it. Plus I love red so hey sounded great.
Can the XLX2 run D wind motors now? I seen the advisory on their site and thats what has been having me second guess my motor/esc choice.

Can the XLX2 run D wind motors now? I seen the advisory on their site and thats what has been having me second guess my motor/esc choice.
To be honest I was/am worried too. Still kind of am, I actually learned about D and Y wind motors after buying the XLX2 🤷‍♂️ . But apparently their update lets it run the D- wind, so I guess we will see one way or another. I finally got my motor in and now getting a servo tomorrow. I initially bought the wrong one so had to get another one. At least it looks super good just sitting with all its electronics in it!
exb.jpg

To be honest I was/am worried too. Still kind of am, I actually learned about D and Y wind motors after buying the XLX2 🤷‍♂️ . But apparently their update lets it run the D- wind, so I guess we will see one way or another. I finally got my motor in and now getting a servo tomorrow. I initially bought the wrong one so had to get another one. At least it looks super good just sitting with all its electronics in it!
View attachment 133061
Nice to know a 58x113 motor fits with the 56 series motor slide. Was worried about that too.

Nice to know a 58x113 motor fits with the 56 series motor slide. Was worried about that too.
As was I! But I was confident, glad it paid off. Dying to run it man. It is driving me crazy just looking at it, thankfully I have others to bash in the meantime

View attachment 133061
I would just switch to a Max5 esc if your worried. In the Heli community no one uses castle esc. As it burn down so many helis. I don't trust any of their so called ratings. Ive been using hobbywing esc and overamp all of them with no isses. You overamp a castle then its poof. The firmware update was probably just to limit the amp draw to prevent from burning. So now its less performance than before.

I went with the Max5 56113/800kv combo. Couldn’t justify spending over $100 more for the Castle combo, I can use that money on other parts. I’ve been running a couple different spur/pinion setups. Most recent 47/44😉💪🏻

D75EECAD-302E-49AD-AFA2-00D529995B60.jpeg

17CF2CB9-A7A3-40EB-B742-9DF905182093.jpeg

I would just switch to a Max5 esc if your worried. In the Heli community no one uses castle esc. As it burn down so many helis. I don't trust any of their so called ratings. Ive been using hobbywing esc and overamp all of them with no isses. You overamp a castle then its poof. The firmware update was probably just to limit the amp draw to prevent from burning. So now its less performance than before.
Yeah I run a Max 6 in my 6s and it's great. No issues at all. I got convinced by someone I trust to get the XLX2 but maybe he's just a fan boy who doesn't see the issues behind it. I want the castle because I love the way it looks and feels and what not but of course I don't want my truck burning down

Yeah I run a Max 6 in my 6s and it's great. No issues at all. I got convinced by someone I trust to get the XLX2 but maybe he's just a fan boy who doesn't see the issues behind it. I want the castle because I love the way it looks and feels and what not but of course I don't want my truck burning down
which setup did you go with?

Hello guys, this will be my first roller and I'm excited. I'm looking for some ideas for esc and motor combos. I've read quite a bit on Castle Motors and Hobbywing, but I'm baffled as to which is best. Castle seems to be much higher in cost.
1) Is it worth paying the premium for a Castle motor?
2) How do they compare to Hobbywing or vice versa?
3) What setup would you run?

Thanks in advance!
I have a brand new hobbywing max 5/1100kv/28t saga pinion combo with a spektrum s9120bl 1/5 servo ill sell for a great deal. All brand new never used. Installed in a roller i decided to sell

1432DD86-633B-4522-83FE-036343E88D1B.jpeg

3E5C4885-0C0B-43EF-A597-86C18A56C7B8.jpeg

B5CA7641-99CC-46CC-BF07-3B806C020E0D.jpeg

I went with the Max5 56113/800kv combo. Couldn’t justify spending over $100 more for the Castle combo, I can use that money on other parts. I’ve been running a couple different spur/pinion setups. Most recent 47/44😉💪🏻

View attachment 133072

View attachment 133073
Your running 44/47 not 47/44.
It’s pinion/spur. The other way around would be complete overkill!

Your running 44/47 not 47/44.
It’s pinion/spur. The other way around would be complete overkill!
Thanks for correcting me! Seems you know a lot about RC cars. Your grammar could use some help though. You’re not your 😂

It’s not a ego thing. I’ve been over geared before and it sucks, just don’t want ppl getting started ass backwards for reading the wrong material is all.

Since the motors are measured in "kv's", why is the same motor kv with castle much more expensive? I will still be able to adjust punch, brakes, ect with the Hobbywing right?
Not

View attachment 133072

View attachment 133073
What motor mount do you use??

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back