Kraton Kraton exb 1/8 6s driveshaft upgrade options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GiantNinja

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any driveshaft upgrades (specifically the front) that are of the CV splined type for the 1/8 scale kraton exb 6s? Basically looking to see if there's an upgrade like this one from hot racing for 1/10 scale trucks ATF288RC High Performance Cv Splined Driveshafts Front or Rear Arrma 1/10 or this one: GPM Racing Steel Aluminium CVD Drive Shaft Set For Arrma Granite Mega Monster

Too often, the front drive shafts/dogbones keep coming out and it's super annoying to put back in when you're out and about and on a trail getting eaten by mosquitos. I loved this style of drive shafts with my stampede 4x4 (mip) and think it'd work great on the 1/8 scale kraton exb.

Anyone know of a compatible part like that? I know there are things you can do to reduce this issue, but I'd still love to try this style drive shaft out if there's one available.

Thanks

Ive not seen any like that but ive had the same issue lately but since removing the washer on the upper arm and drilling the hole bigger in the red cap on the lower arm so the pillar ball sits flush on the arm ive not had any issues since, i know its only a few millimetres but it works

Does anyone know if there are any driveshaft upgrades (specifically the front) that are of the CV splined type for the 1/8 scale kraton exb 6s? Basically looking to see if there's an upgrade like this one from hot racing for 1/10 scale trucks ATF288RC High Performance Cv Splined Driveshafts Front or Rear Arrma 1/10 or this one: GPM Racing Steel Aluminium CVD Drive Shaft Set For Arrma Granite Mega Monster

Too often, the front drive shafts/dogbones keep coming out and it's super annoying to put back in when you're out and about and on a trail getting eaten by mosquitos. I loved this style of drive shafts with my stampede 4x4 (mip) and think it'd work great on the 1/8 scale kraton exb.

Anyone know of a compatible part like that? I know there are things you can do to reduce this issue, but I'd still love to try this style drive shaft out if there's one available.

Thanks
What worked for me or at least helped was I put the heavy duty rear springs on the front shock so it would not compress the front suspension as much. With a hard landing and suspension bottomed out that drive shaft is on the edge of the outdrive. My next step was to put rear shocks on the front to limit travel and buy some extra shock rods to replace when they get bent but I jumped into 1/5 scale so I never got that far

Last edited:
Like @Pablo stated above, simply removing any spacers on the front arms will help. If EXB arms. just don't remove the red fat one. Make sure your Pivot balls are not overly loose, they will make for the bones to pop out easier. Loose worn BB's at the hubs will also cause popped bones. Even user error driving will make any bone pop out. Cart wheeling especially. Hopefully your diff outdrives are not severely worn. That will contribute to this also.

Thanks
I've been running the rears in the front for years now. I was told it was a bad idea, but I've never had any issues. No more lost shafts.

I've been running the rears in the front for years now. I was told it was a bad idea, but I've never had any issues. No more lost shafts.
Nice. That was my next step. Use the shock to stop too much upward travel. Bent shock shaft you can keep running. Pain in the butt to keep pulling the upper control arm off to get the bone back in

I thought I read that using a small piece of nitro fuel line on the shock shaft helps by keeping the shocks from bottoming out…. Wonder if that would help? Cheaper and easier to replace if so!!

I thought I read that using a small piece of nitro fuel line on the shock shaft helps by keeping the shocks from bottoming out…. Wonder if that would help? Cheaper and easier to replace if so!!
works for me on talion exb front shocks. also put more droop on arms. used some old fuel line from petrol rc days

works for me on talion exb front shocks. also put more droop on arms. used some old fuel line from petrol rc days
any pics?

Edit: wondering how long the tube should be...

Last edited:
I took the washer out of the upper arm and popped the red cap off the lower, and added a few turns of preload on the shocks. Every session was ending in the dog bone popping out, now, has been good. This was on my notorious. My v5 Kraton hasn’t come apart once, go figure...

I took the washer out of the upper arm and popped the red cap off the lower, and added a few turns of preload on the shocks. Every session was ending in the dog bone popping out, now, has been good. This was on my notorious. My v5 Kraton hasn’t come apart once, go figure...
When you removed the Red alloy Cap of the lower arm , didn't you notice the camber much way off ???:unsure:

Upper control arm washer removed, should be in the same ballpark. As long as I don’t loose a dog bone, I’m happily going to BASH on. Camber be damned!

I did exactly the same thing. Haven't had an issue since.
When you removed the Red alloy Cap of the lower arm , didn't you notice the camber much way off ???:unsure:
hasn't been an issue for me. I need to measure it to see the difference though...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back