Kraton exb 1/8 diff internal gears failing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any pics sorry, it's the gears inside the diff, spyder gears I guess? The ring and pinion have had no issues but I added a shim when I put the second diff in. I did a bit or research and I guess I may have to shim the gears inside the diff. Just not sure how and I'm not sure why they aren't shimmed properly from arrma.

I don't have any pics sorry, it's the gears inside the diff, spyder gears I guess? The ring and pinion have had no issues but I added a shim when I put the second diff in. I did a bit or research and I guess I may have to shim the gears inside the diff. Just not sure how and I'm not sure why they aren't shimmed properly from arrma.
Tons of threads. Look for the @BashingBrian fix.

Tons of threads. Look for the @BashingBrian fix.
Gonna have to get either a new diff under warranty and shim it or replace the internal gears. This is what I found , chipped gear and barely any oil in diff. Is rear diff supposed to be limited slip from factory? I thought only front and center diffs were?

IMG_20210418_172642.jpg

IMG_20210418_172717.jpg

IMG_20210418_173759.jpg

IMG_20210418_173744.jpg

I never opened up the first one my local hobby shop did I think that one was open and the one that I just opened yesterday that the pictures are from where three plate LSD diff and that one blew up too.

Just an update , shimmed the hell out of diff internals, added 3 shims on each side plus the stock shims that were in there (1 large by o ring and 1 small) diff was bound with 4 shims on each side added when I dry fit it so I removed 1 from each side and was ok after. Very tight. I have all the lsd plates and could only get 30k oil so it's pretty stiff. Tested last night ripping some wheelies on pavement for 15min or so. So far so good. Gonna try it like this for a while till thinner oil is available.

Just an update , shimmed the hell out of diff internals, added 3 shims on each side plus the stock shims that were in there (1 large by o ring and 1 small) diff was bound with 4 shims on each side added when I dry fit it so I removed 1 from each side and was ok after. Very tight. I have all the lsd plates and could only get 30k oil so it's pretty stiff. Tested last night ripping some wheelies on pavement for 15min or so. So far so good. Gonna try it like this for a while till thinner oil is available.
If your just bashing ., 30k oil will work just fine. If you are racing on a track, then you might need a slightly lighter oil.

If your just bashing ., 30k oil will work just fine. If you are racing on a track, then you might need a slightly lighter oil.
Yeah I just bash around, I'm probably gonna throw some 30k I'm front too, I find a lot of the power is bleeding to the front wheels likely because the diff is easier to turn due to the thinner oil.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back