Kraton Kraton exb 5687 motor mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoodyhoo920

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I would like to fit an 1100kv 5687 size motor in a kraton exb but I can't find a motor mount that will make it work. Does anyone have any suggestions??

So I would like to fit an 1100kv 5687 size motor in a kraton exb but I can't find a motor mount that will make it work. Does anyone have any suggestions??
@PPS-RC motor mount.. they may be out of stock at the moment but they will return. (Make sure you get the insert for the motor required. )
64127D78-4530-43DD-9BC0-1697243DDC6D.jpeg
6391F193-D77D-44F0-8012-C38563FFCDDD.jpeg

This is my kraton xl, slightly longer.. if it’s the kraton chassis either trimming the motor shaft or funny esc placement will be required. I got the idea from @Lovestricken

also, don’t forget you’ll have to do some fine tuning to that suspension to support that weight :)

@PPS-RC motor mount.. they may be out of stock at the moment but they will return. (Make sure you get the insert for the motor required. )
View attachment 130794View attachment 130795
This is my kraton xl, slightly longer.. if it’s the kraton chassis either trimming the motor shaft or funny esc placement will be required. I got the idea from @Lovestricken

also, don’t forget you’ll have to do some fine tuning to that suspension to support that weight :)
Awesome I'll have to look into that. I don't even have the car yet but I want to have everything ordered and here before I buy the car so I'm not sitting with a car I can't drive. So do you think the extra power is worth the extra weight?

Awesome I'll have to look into that. I don't even have the car yet but I want to have everything ordered and here before I buy the car so I'm not sitting with a car I can't drive. So do you think the extra power is worth the extra weight?
It’s a whole new experience... I haven’t dialed in my suspension as this is kind of a newer upgrade for me. But I can say it’s a whole different kind of animal! So much torque...

It’s a whole new experience... I haven’t dialed in my suspension as this is kind of a newer upgrade for me. But I can say it’s a whole different kind of animal! So much torque...
Oh I can only imagine! Seen a few videos and it looks pretty nuts. Do you remember how much that motor mount was? They are out of stock

Is that a Mojave chassis for the added length? If so what parts are needed to do that to a stock exb kraton?

Yep, it’s the Mojave exb chassis.. you’ll need a rear drive shaft and the center braces to get it to work. I think that’s it 🤔 plus a custom body.
Nice! Might go that route on my older truggy for a fresh looking rebuild.

I’m looking to do the same thing and I’m just curious what pinion/spur combos you have on there? Or since it’s been a while since you posted this if you ended up liking a different combo better?

Back