Kraton Kraton EXB 6s backflips vs 4s backflips LP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LP - less weight.
Haven't run them on my Kraton but they are the best choice on a Talion on grass.

They are smaller but you can compensate with a larger pinion.

You running 6s or 8s??
LP's work for me in the loose compared to the 6s BF's. Ran them just one pack on loose clay. Baseball infield. On 6s.
Lp's seem better for more technical driving. I feel the standard 3.8 Badlands ( not the MX's), similar in diameter to the Lp's, are grippier though. Softer rubber and foams with the PL Badlands. Both types of BF treads are a copied design from the Badlands. FWIW.
Just my thoughts. Others may have a different experience. :cool:

Lp's balloon less than the 6s BF's. and slightly less than the Badlands 3.8.
Most people go the LP's over the 6s BF's, because of less ballooning IMHO. Main reason.

Last edited:
You running 6s or 8s??
LP's work for me in the loose compared to the 6s BF's. Ran them just one pack on loose clay. Baseball infield. On 6s.
Lp's seem better for more technical driving. I feel the standard 3.8 Badlands ( not the MX's), similar in diameter to the Lp's, are gripper though. Softer rubber and foams with the PL Badlands. Both types of BF treads are a copied design from the Badlands. FWIW.
Just my thoughts. Others may have a different experience. :cool:
Running 6s, haven't hard courage for 8s yet lol
I do have a set of proline badlands (none Mx) 3.8s but have a 1/2 offset. I set them on and they seem WAY wider than stock copperheads. What offset is typical for kraton using badlands 3.8?

For people that have run both, do the LP tires struggle more in thicker grass? My outcast 6s on backflip MT tires does better than my kraton 4s on minokawa LPs. I’m not sure if it is a wheel diameter issue, or if the minokawa LPs are just spinning in the grass.

For people that have run both, do the LP tires struggle more in thicker grass? My outcast 6s on backflip MT tires does better than my kraton 4s on minokawa LPs. I’m not sure if it is a wheel diameter issue, or if the minokawa LPs are just spinning in the grass.

They are smaller diameter so you will have more drag due to lower ground clearance. You are effectively gearing down as well, which is good for heat but will change how it feels.

Monitor engine temperature closely running in grass. Grass had destroyed more motors than anything in this hobby.

They appear to be in stock at the first three online retailers I checked. Now might be a good time to grab some before they are gone again.

Lp’s are great. But for big air I prefer the dampening the regular back flips provide especially on an M2c’d out truck
Minokawa’s are junk put a set of lp’s on that 4s kraton and it will come alive. Better yet I love the 6’s katars on my 4s

Running 6s, haven't hard courage for 8s yet lol
I do have a set of proline badlands (none Mx) 3.8s but have a 1/2 offset. I set them on and they seem WAY wider than stock copperheads. What offset is typical for kraton using badlands 3.8?
1/2 offset. I know what you mean.
BTW, I hated my Copperhead 2's. I never use them. Prefer anything over them. Makes the rig so clumsy and drives awkward. But I generally like DTX X-Con Zero offset Truggy track mini pins most of the time. Even 1/2 ofset X-Cons drive better, just a wider track. depends Where I bash. How I drive. I like my Kraton to drive more like a 1/8 scale Truggy with narrower track.

for me , the backflip lps are great
IMG_0458.JPG
IMG_0939.JPG
IMG_1085.JPG
IMG_1075.JPG

1/2 offset. I know what you mean.
BTW, I hated my Copperhead 2's. I never use them. Prefer anything over them. Makes the rig so clumsy and drives awkward. But I generally like DTX X-Con Zero offset Truggy track mini pins most of the time. Even 1/2 ofset X-Cons drive better, just a wider track. depends Where I bash. How I drive. I like my Kraton to drive more like a 1/8 scale Truggy with narrower track.
Even tho I have the proline badlands I didn't like the look of them on the kraton, really wide and smaller than the other options. Plus I use those for my JLB Cheetah. Ended up buying BF MTs instead of LPs (drinking was involved) haha but good news is got it from Amazon and if I don't like them I can return it :) may end up keeping them and just buying the LPs and use the LPs for racing with my buddies and the MTs for hard bashing. Won't be able to run it this weekend being valentines day and all, unless I dare leave the wife to go play on valentines day, I would come home to an empty house! Lol
I'll post when I try them out.

Also I made diff fluid 20k/300k/10k with open front and rear diffs. Even with open EXB diffs I've noticed a lot more resistance compared to standard diffs. I suspect due to the plates behind each of spider gears. I think that's going to be perfect tho, can still use lighter fluid in diffs which is way easier to work with👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back