Kraton KRATON EXB 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The upgraded bearings & mip drivers I wholeheartedly agree with. I run in the mud/snow/sloppy stuff A LOT now that it’s wintertime & those two things are a must in my opinion. Go thru a lot of wheel bearings. I've gotten multiple sets of the mip speed tips so I can have a 2mm & a 2.5mm in both a ratcheting driver & a cordless drill- just so I don't have to switch bits all the time. Makes disassembly so much easier/faster.
& I think those outdrive cups still have quite a bit of life left if you just flip flopped what side they were on

Now that I have everything at what I consider stock. I want to drive it around and see what I want to adjust from here.

I'll hold onto the outdrive cups as emergency back ups.

Did you upgrade your bell crank? I'm reading that the stock bell crank has brass bushing and not bearings.

Edit - also going to pick up a bat-box. I live in an apartment and I can't risk all these souls beneath and above me.

Inspecting the rear diff and the teeth look good but the grease is looking gross. Thinking about scrubbing everything clean and buying some diff liquid. Thoughts?

diff.jpg

100% clean that all out and replace with fresh fluid, new gasket as well. I'm running F-C-R: 60k-500k-30k in my truggified typhon with 2.8 wheels, I'm sure someone can help for Kraton diff fluid weights.

Coming along great! (y)

Now that I have everything at what I consider stock. I want to drive it around and see what I want to adjust from here.

I'll hold onto the outdrive cups as emergency back ups.

Did you upgrade your bell crank? I'm reading that the stock bell crank has brass bushing and not bearings.

Edit - also going to pick up a bat-box. I live in an apartment and I can't risk all these souls beneath and above me.
Yes, get rid of those steering bushings & put in bearings

100% clean that all out and replace with fresh fluid, new gasket as well. I'm running F-C-R: 60k-500k-30k in my truggified typhon with 2.8 wheels, I'm sure someone can help for Kraton diff fluid weights.

Coming along great! (y)

Ya. I did just that.

I went with...

Front : 20k with a drop of 500k
Center : 500k
Read : 20k

I picked up 500k, 100k and 20k from my LHS.

Took my ol girl out for a bit... and immediately started doing insane donuts and cartwheeling end over end.

In no time flat I cracked a steering knuckle.

PXL_20230206_021349144.jpg

I picked up the Hot Racing front steering knuckle set and have them installed.
I was surprised to see how much larger the inner bearings were.
The downside to that being I don't have any spares in my Fast Eddie's bearing pack.

There was also one stock bearings without any lubricant.
How long does lubricant typically last?

PXL_20230206_023428345.jpg

PXL_20230206_021240300.jpg

Next up I want an aluminum bellcrank. I bent one of the post on the stock.

Wrenching is pretty fun. Anyone work on cars and have a similar experience?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back