Kraton EXB 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_Napster

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I was looking at the parts list on Arrma today, and it looks like the piston rods are the same diameter as the standard 8s. Am I wrong?

Better double check that. The EXB shocks were revamped. Fatter shafts. I don't what parts cross over yet.. The new shock looks so different. Shafts at least.
Do you have part numbers for both types to show us here?
UAE RC Addicts did a video and clearly showed the differences.
Have you seen it? I would check it out first. :cool:

EXB 8s:
SHOCK SHAFT 6x95mm (2pcs) (ARA330742) | ARRMA - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)

Standard 8s:
SHOCK SHAFT 5x97mm (2pcs) (ARA330575) | ARRMA - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)

Why don't you see the difference?
Lengths are longer and they are 1mm fatter shafts on the EXB shocks. 🤷‍♂️
It's possible you can upgrade to these, with the accompanying the lower Specific bottom cartridges. Not sure. Just compare all the shocks parts one by one. Everything is there to check. part wise.

Last edited:
Better double check that. The EXB shocks were revamped. Fatter shafts. I don't what parts cross over yet.. The new shock looks so different. Shafts at least.
Do you have part numbers for both types to show us here?
UAE RC Addicts did a video and clearly showed the differences.
Have you seen it? I would check it out first. :cool:

EXB 8s:
SHOCK SHAFT 6x95mm (2pcs) (ARA330742) | ARRMA - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)

Standard 8s:
SHOCK SHAFT 5x97mm (2pcs) (ARA330575) | ARRMA - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)

Why don't you see the difference?
Lengths are longer and they are 1mm fatter shafts on the EXB shocks. 🤷‍♂️
It's possible you can upgrade to these, with the accompanying the lower Specific bottom cartridges. Not sure. Just compare all the shocks parts one by one. Everything is there to check. part wise.
I thought standard 8s was 6mm, I honestly didn't double check the standard sizes. I am thinking about buying the roller, or maybe just all the upgraded parts for my K8S

I thought standard 8s was 6mm, I honestly didn't double check the standard sizes. I am thinking about buying the roller, or maybe just all the upgraded parts for my K8S
If you have 1 already just upgrade. Al least you will have spare parts on hand.

I think they are 6 mm
5mm vs 6mm. Doesn't sound like much of a difference, but it is nonetheless. As long as that EXB extra 1mm diameter prevents bent shafts, all that matters. EXB's are longer also, if that matters. IDK. EXB sits 1 inch taller, may also matter in the big scope of things. Suspension wise.

Just watched uae rc addicts vid again shock shafts are 6 mm he went over the whole thing with dial calipers

Bigger tires and lack of electronics was my guess why it is taller.
Very excellent point made. 👍 👍 Never considered that. Is only a roller. YES.
However the EXB shock shafts are a bit longer if that matters. IDK.

Just watched uae rc addicts vid again shock shafts are 6 mm he went over the whole thing with dial calipers
I think RC Add. was measuring the whole rig with a DiG. caliper like it was the first time he ever used one. :ROFLMAO: He was measuring stuff that made no sense at all. He tried to impress with that caliper just too much. Did not impress.(n)
EXB specs for the shafts on the Arrma site are in fact 6mm. The whole EXB rig is available on the Arrma site now.
His crappy video is kind of old at this point.:LOL:

I'm looking at that monster 5mm thick 7075 chassis. I'm still writing off the shocks. After using the Rovan 10mm shaft shocks, everything else looks like junk. I'll also prepare a set for this too, along with RPM arms & a GPM bell crank. I'll put the rest through the paces - but the one part I broke right under the arms was the rear diff cup, 3 in fact, absolute junk.

I think RC Add. was measuring the whole rig with a DiG. caliper like it was the first time he ever used one. :ROFLMAO: He was measuring stuff that made no sense at all. He tried to impress with that caliper just too much. Did not impress.(n)
EXB specs for the shafts on the Arrma site are in fact 6mm. The whole EXB rig is available on the Arrma site now.
His crappy video is kind of old at this point.:LOL:
Well now everyone knows I agree with you 100% just trying to help

No you are correct, No offense at all. 👍
You are confirming what you see. Don't mind me. I was just critical of that dumb video.
Thanks. :cool:
I'm looking at that monster 5mm thick 7075 chassis. I'm still writing off the shocks. After using the Rovan 10mm shaft shocks, everything else looks like junk. I'll also prepare a set for this too, along with RPM arms & a GPM bell crank. I'll put the rest through the paces - but the one part I broke right under the arms was the rear diff cup, 3 in fact, absolute junk.
Absolutely 👍 👍 👍 Those Rovan shocks are Monsters. How could anyone look back at 6mm shafts by comparison.:LOL:

Last edited:
Another note, why did they not include the EXB steering bellcrank/Ackermann as a stock part? It is an EXB after all isn't it?

I am also confused about shock shafts here.. On exb spare list page there are 6mm shock shafts on page 1 and on page 4 - 5mm shock shafts.. but aniway I bend the shaft usualy because car is not stopping imediatly after breaking arm - which is happening alot..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back