Kraton KRATON EXB BASH AFTERMATH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky_408

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Some extreme carnage today’s

8C04840B-7C73-4563-BF18-844A9D4BD1BC.png

Say hi to @razorrc next time ?

I agree those tires look very heavy when it’s running and you’re under powered too. Seems like you are struggling to correct in the air. I’m not a fan of Trenchers myself. I would rather run BLPs or the stock CH2. That tower is for sure destroyed ??

Say hi to @razorrc next time ?

I agree those tires look very heavy when it’s running and you’re under powered too. Seems like you are struggling to correct in the air. I’m not a fan of Trenchers myself. I would rather run BLPs or the stock CH2. That tower is for sure destroyed ??
It most definitely is under powered with this big tires I love my badlands they are like big pillows and save me a lot of breakage lol and man I’ve been coming here every weekend trying to run into anyone that does RC but never any luck it’s always just me but one day im
Sure lol

You bent that shock tower at 4:01 in the video I think. Freeze it right on impact. Ouch indeed. Something had to give there, that was a nasty landing. Look how much the right rear wheel bends over. Not sure how the camber link survived that. Or the dogboone.

Those wheels/tires are far too heavy for it.

You bent that shock tower at 4:01 in the video I think. Freeze it right on impact. Ouch indeed. Something had to give there, that was a nasty landing. Look how much the right rear wheel bends over. Not sure how the camber link survived that. Or the dogboone.

Those wheels/tires are far too heavy for it.
Those wheels are what take most of the impact I’ve ran every set of wheels you can think of and bash hard and these by far make the rig feel like it lands on pillows and very forging too on bad angles but you do need a bigger esc to get the power to get the full potential of these tires

This is the specific reason i run the rpm wing mount the wing has one purpose to my eye and its to save your rear shock tower from fatal impact. The m2c would have bend don't run the truck without the wing one back landing and you are done and you have an expensive repair to do. But great bash spot. I still figuring where the cogging is coming from my exb i tried everything nothing fixes

Nice video and cool spot! ?

Double check that the chassis can touch the ground with those tires, else the shocks and tower take all the forces when you land instead of some of it transferring to the chassis.

I know it's a pain changing mounts when they break but my rear wing has saved me from that happening a few times ?

This is the specific reason i run the rpm wing mount the wing has one purpose to my eye and its to save your rear shock tower from fatal impact. The m2c would have bend don't run the truck without the wing one back landing and you are done and you have an expensive repair to do.

I believe M2C also makes a wing mount brace and it was recommended by either Rich Duperbash or RC DUDE 81 on one of their Youtube videos. At first I wondered why that brace would be needed, but now I understand :LOL:

Since no one pointed something important out: yeah, it's possible that the M2C tower wouldn't have bent - but something would have. That was a pretty nasty impact, the shock tower took all/most of the energy - if it doesn't, something else does. Best case, the bolts shear - worst case, instead of the tower, you now bend the chassis.

Since no one pointed something important out: yeah, it's possible that the M2C tower wouldn't have bent - but something would have. That was a pretty nasty impact, the shock tower took all/most of the energy - if it doesn't, something else does. Best case, the bolts shear - worst case, instead of the tower, you now bend the chassis.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. If the first point of impact is a super hard metal and doesn't absorb any of the energy in an impact like that, it will simply transfer all of the damage to the next weakest link in the car. The best scenario is that a cheap plastic part is able to take and dissipate the impact energy with or without breaking. If it breaks, cheap to replace and if it doesn't break, all the better.

I’m surprised the diff tower screws didn't strip out instead. That’s what happened to mine when I landed that way. My towers didn’t bend.

My wing kinda saved my rear end on my cliff jumping vid the wing shattered into pieces I was able to flatten out the tower and will be reused as I rarely land on the towers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back