Kraton EXB best bash diff set up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soilhalo77

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
I’ve got a new EXB Kraton
Right now I’ve got the 50t spur in but have the 46 sat there, so I’m wondering or trying to work it round my brain what would be best for jumping, backflips etc
I’ve got a range of pinions from 12 up to 23 and I’ve been using the 23 with my Hobbywing max6 1650. I’ve got the punch on max and I can easily do a triple if I get up about 15ft
I just put the 20t pinion in as it should accelerate harder therefore making it spin faster in the air
So with set up and bits I have I was wondering if anyone could point me to the kind of best combination for speed and stunts?
Thanks in advance

I’m pretty sure that the 46 will only fit the non-exb diff.
But regardless, the general rule is that the higher gearing you have, the more it will effect mid-air rotation.
What do you mean by higher? Higher as in smaller spur so it’s faster? I checked with owner of Wheelspin models Uk biggest in Europe apparently and it was him that said the 46 will fit, if it doesn’t I’ll send it back but I’m positive I’ve seen a vid of @Rich Duperbash using a smaller spur in his Kraton EXB. I could be wrong as I’ve scoured so many vids where he talks about what he’s running and the pinion etc and I can’t for the life of me find it but it’s what prompted me to buy one.
I saw a vid with someone using Hpi Spurs in there Arrmas too though
What do you mean by higher? Higher as in smaller spur so it’s faster? I checked with owner of Wheelspin models Uk biggest in Europe apparently and it was him that said the 46 will fit, if it doesn’t I’ll send it back but I’m positive I’ve seen a vid of @Rich Duperbash using a smaller spur in his Kraton EXB. I could be wrong as I’ve scoured so many vids where he talks about what he’s running and the pinion etc and I can’t for the life of me find it but it’s what prompted me to buy one.
I saw a vid with someone using Hpi Spurs in there Arrmas too though
Can @Rich Duperbash comment on this ? Can we get the man himself?

Higher as faster. Either a bigger pinion or smaller spur (which is not currently available for the EXB diff, but nothing stops you from getting a non-EXB diff and install the 46 on it)
I just got home and checked the spur gear and according to the place I got it from its the Limitless spur that fits the EXB but I’m only going off what they told me when they checked for me.

As i said, it will fit the EXB car, but only along the non-exb diff case (together with the matching diff gears and diff output etc etc), you can put it as a set and it will fit.

But the spur alone will not mount onto your current EXB diff.

As i said, it will fit the EXB car, but only along the non-exb diff case (together with the matching diff gears and diff output etc etc), you can put it as a set and it will fit.

But the spur alone will not mount onto your current EXB diff.
Guess I’ll be sending it back then

Try first you have it.
Ive had a close look at it, the offset for the bearing is different so I don't think its going to sit in the motor mount. Only reason I wanted to do it was to keep motor temps down as im running a 23t spur and to get a bit more torque. I need to do some research first

Back