Kraton EXB Birthday present

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EXBurt

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Hello to everyone, I wanted to post my first proper rc build because I've spent some time doing it right and getting it just how I want it.
I had a Tamiya grasshopper when I was a kid and had lots of fun building it and driving it, fast forward 25 years and in the boredom of the first lockdown I decided to buy a ZD racing Pirates 3 MT-8 1/8 brushless monster truck and I have had some epic fun with it, lots of fixing things right from day one but the parts are very cheap and I enjoy the fixing and maintaining almost as much as the driving. After some chassis stiffening and re-engineering it's pretty reliable and very fast but it is a bit of a liability in the handling department!
So with my 40th birthday coming up and coronavirus lockdown stopping me from going anywhere or doing anything I decided a Kraton EXB would give me something to do and look forward to, I have to say that being entirely new to the world of modern rc tech made choosing the right electronics a real minefield but I'm pretty pleased with how it's turned out
Spec:

Hobbywing Max 8 ezrun combo 150a esc 2200 kv motor and the standard 12t pinion
HRB 5200mah 50c 3s batteries x2 for 6S
JX ecoboost 27 kg HV servo
RPM rear skid plate
M2C rear shock tower stiffener
Dumbo rc X6FG receiver/transmitter with gyro
Custom lights front and rear
Bodyshell reinforced with drywall tape and gorilla glue clear
IMG_20210125_111206.jpg
IMG_20210124_155537.jpg
IMG_20210124_155512.jpg
IMG_20210125_111316.jpg
IMG_20210125_143835.jpg
IMG_20210117_212006.jpg

IMG_20210117_212039.jpg

Well done indeed. Those rear lights looks real pimp. Hopefully it holds up when bashing and you get a hard landing on the wing. Report back after getting it dirty. :). Enjoy

I like those lights. :p
I would advise you to change those battery connectors to EC5/IC5 or XT90, as the Deans connectors may start to wobble, make bad connections or even disconnect during hard bashing after some use.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back