Kraton Kraton EXB Brand new exb center diff clicking issue.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I was installing some new hot racing parts for the center diff mount and I noticed the center diff did not spin freely and had a clicking sound, I did alot of reading up on the issue and Im going to tear mine down and see whats going on with it, I do have some very slightly play with the diff cups moving in and out so I don't feel its the gears meshing to tightly together, the feel i get is like the lsd parts are the ones causing the problem. I will post more as I tear this down and examine it and try to see whats actually causing this and what I can do to remedy it before any parts or shims need to be ordered. If anyone here also ran into the same issue please post here what your issue was and what you did to fix it.
Im looking at putting some hot racing center diff holder on my exb too as im not a fan of the plastic holder. Was this what you put in?

hraaon38a01.jpg

I used the red one above, don't use the black one diff cover will not seat all the way down it hits the diff gear.
Thanks will get the red one. Did you end up changing your diff case to the red optional arrma one instead of stock. I thought the stock one was metal??

Good idea to get the arrma metal one for the center diff if your truck has the Rtr Diff
Thanks will definitely check it out. Last time I topped up the diff I didn't even pay attention to housing but I thought with exb it would have been metal

Im looking at putting some hot racing center diff holder on my exb too as im not a fan of the plastic holder. Was this what you put in?

hraaon38a01.jpg
^^^Nope wrong part.
@Surchaufeur has it correct.(y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back