Kraton Kraton EXB breaks again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice bash spot, looks like beautiful country in back drop! ?

Nice bash spot, looks like beautiful country in back drop! ?
Eh, it’s ok here it’s surrounded be trees! You can barely see anything. The best views are out of town about 20 miles out I may get a video on it soon! Also where I’m from that place is super beautiful too. I don’t really like the bushy trees but it’s ok as long as there is a bashing spot we good??

EXB Extreme Bash It’s getting a new hobbystar 1480 soon with a hex6 esc. No problems for me yet except a few small things
Those small things include the rear diff? lol sorry I just love the "my exb broke" posts. I just think arrma should have did a bit more testing and I also think people should have waited a bit before buying. This happened when the 8s came out, a bunch of people bought it right away they bent them and then arrma released a v2.

Those small things include the rear diff? lol sorry I just love the "my exb broke" posts. I just think arrma should have did a bit more testing and I also think people should have waited a bit before buying. This happened when the 8s came out, a bunch of people bought it right away they bent them and then arrma released a v2.
My rear diff is original and fine.

Those small problems are small when you know exactly how to fix them. If I was a noob then I’d be pissed. The diffs will need servicing one day anyway. As long as they have a fix soon, No problems with me????????

Those small problems are small when you know exactly how to fix them. If I was a noob then I’d be pissed. The diffs will need servicing one day anyway. As long as they have a fix soon, No problems with me????????
Noobs shouldn't be buying an EXB ?

Why wouldn’t they, anyone would want the best thing. You would be surprised what any noob would buy not knowing what they’re getting into
And that's just it too they are marketed as a stronger better car out of the box but yet you still have to do the same bs we do to make them last more than a pack.

And that's just it too they are marketed as a stronger better car out of the box but yet you still have to do the same bs we do to make them last more than a pack.
Here's what I had to do with my RTR Kraton:
Servo mount
Chassis braces
Chassis
Shock towers
Ackerman plate
RPM arms

Do you need to do that for an EXB? Come on.

I’ve been through 20 packs of 6s bashing like in my videos. So far the LSD plates in the rear are holding up. I did strip the rear with open diffs. The EXB has every upgrade to make it way stronger then the RTRs. Its a win win deal I’d say. Arrma took a big step and it was in the right direction. Can’t wait to really test the EXB with the Hobbystar 1480 coming soon

No fix is coming per me local hobby shop. Per them Horizon Hobbies says the shimming is the problem and correct shims is the current warranty fix. Not that a v2 wont come out in the future

I had the correct shims in my rear diff in my videos. It still stripped gears. In fact I had more shims in there then what was recommended. I just hope something comes up and I’m looking forward to the V2
I had the correct shims in my rear diff in my videos. It still stripped gears. In fact I had more shims in there then what was recommended. I just hope something comes up and I’m looking forward to the V2
And also if there is a V2 is it possible the v1 people will be getting parts for the v1 EXB?

And also if there is a V2 is it possible the v1 people will be getting parts for the v1 EXB?
Yeah I tried putting max shims under the pin in mine too. Stripped just as fast. ??

What has worked so far is the LSD plates or 12x18 shims. Both seem solid so far, but the shims is my preference as I like the open rear diff. Too stiff and it just donuts too easy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back