Kraton Kraton EXB Broken Diff Case Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
So I broke the wing mount ears off another diff case on another tail landing. The bottom tower screws just strip out.

Again I overcorrected a nose down jump and smashed down on the wing. Surprisingly the wing mount hasn’t broken in either crash.

Just to be clear, this was 100% my fault. I am not claiming this is a problem with the EXB. This is a driver error issue.

Ok that said, what can I do other than a driver upgrade? (I checked, it’s on backorder. ?)

Would either of these help support the wing?

M2C tower braces

or

HR diff case

Or am I just pushing the problem up the chain?

5E002882-9831-49A7-B023-BE927EB40CE3.jpeg

You want my LED mount file to print? It can be modified easily to just be a diff guard to keep it from ever taking a direct hit

You want my LED mount file to print? It can be modified easily to just be a diff guard to keep it from ever taking a direct hit
I’m pretty sure it landed on the wing. It was rotating rearward as it landed. Same as my first diff case breaking. Exact same crash and outcome.

So I broke the wing mount ears off another diff case on another tail landing. The bottom tower screws just strip out.

Again I overcorrected a nose down jump and smashed down on the wing. Surprisingly the wing mount hasn’t broken in either crash.

Just to be clear, this was 100% my fault. I am not claiming this is a problem with the EXB. This is a driver error issue.

Ok that said, what can I do other than a driver upgrade? (I checked, it’s on backorder. ?)

Would either of these help support the wing?

M2C tower braces

or

HR diff case

Or am I just pushing the problem up the chain?

View attachment 94167

Some beach! That sucks buddy... one thing that helps a bunch is to capture the lower screws from the backside with nuts.. get longer screws and run them all the way through, lock nuts and badda bing.. the ears on the top only break because the lower screws pull..?.. you can capture the top that way as well..

Some beach! That sucks buddy... one thing that helps a bunch is to capture the lower screws from the backside with nuts.. get longer screws and run them all the way through, lock nuts and badda bing.. the ears on the top only break because the lower screws pull..?.. you can capture the top that way as well..
Good idea. I think I will have long enough screws for the lowers, but the uppers that go thru the wing mount are already pretty long and I’m sure I don’t have anything longer. The top ones always bend. Wish I could swap in M4 bolts there. Maybe just doing the bottoms will be enough. Thanks for the info ✊?

The M2C tower brace combined with a HR diff case has kept my V4 from breaking any more rear diff cases.

Do you have a new diff case? I can send you one if you need it brother..?
I have a few on hand. It’s all back together already with longer screws and nylock nuts on the front side

0BA1E395-580B-4B95-833F-FF31AB689809.jpeg

The M2C tower brace combined with a HR diff case has kept my V4 from breaking any more rear diff cases.
If these nuts don’t hold up, and I hope they do, I will go your route. ✌?

I have a few on hand. It’s all back together already with longer screws and nylock nuts on the front side

View attachment 94181

If these nuts don’t hold up, and I hope they do, I will go your route. ✌?

It should serve you well brother, keep us posted, and you still have a "fuse" (plastic diff case) if something goes very wrong..?

Don't land on the tail ?‍♂️

I know it happens sometimes
When it comes to shim its a pain idk thats what i heard a few times
Mine was a pain to shim, but I am also using the Hot Racing 2 piece diff cups.

The M2C shock tower brace is supposed to alleviate this problem. The only issue is that you have to drill holes in the shock tower. Not sure I want to do that just yet.

Could buy the blx system and diff case but they are too far away from me and i don't anything to protect myself with payments paypal doesn't really work on marketplace

The M2C shock tower brace is supposed to alleviate this problem. The only issue is that you have to drill holes in the shock tower. Not sure I want to do that just yet.

I will put the M2C 3035 straight out of the box because i'm pretty sure i will land it like Jondilly :ROFLMAO:

It’s all back together already with longer screws and nylock nuts on the front side

I think i will do this also.

RPM wing mounts? i have great success with those, they flex, absorbing the impact

Yes, i was thinking about this too. More soft wing mount should be more forgiving.

I'm from few days to receive mine :cool:

Last edited:
RPM wing mounts? i have great success with those, they flex, absorbing the impact
Yeah I used the hot racing wing mount and they LOOK great and they help sturdy the rear , BUT when they bend or break it’s $50 gone and it may take a few parts with it!!!!$$$$$

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back