Kraton Kraton EXB Broken Diff Case Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do have an RPM wing mount on hand but was saving it for when the stock one breaks. Good news is I didn’t break neither the diff bulkhead nor the wing mount yesterday. Bad news is I think I broke a pin on the sun gear. ??‍♂️

Ya she did take a couple good shots to that tower.. seems the nut trick is working out so far.. I've had great luck with that method..?

The dreaded 2.25mm pin snap.. I honestly wouldn't doubt it, that thing has Gobbs of power.. those little pins have trouble on the factory setup... but I heard you say you have drill blanks so your in brother...?

Ya she did take a couple good shots to that tower.. seems the nut trick is working out so far.. I've had great luck with that method..?

The dreaded 2.25mm pin snap.. I honestly wouldn't doubt it, that thing has Gobbs of power.. those little pins have trouble on the factory setup... but I heard you say you have drill blanks so your in brother...?
Yep now I just have to find time this weekend to wrench. Looking like a lot of work. ?

I do have an RPM wing mount on hand but was saving it for when the stock one breaks. Good news is I didn’t break neither the diff bulkhead nor the wing mount yesterday. Bad news is I think I broke a pin on the sun gear. ??‍♂️
Yep now I just have to find time this weekend to wrench. Looking like a lot of work. ?
what are drill blanks?

Some beach! That sucks buddy... one thing that helps a bunch is to capture the lower screws from the backside with nuts.. get longer screws and run them all the way through, lock nuts and badda bing.. the ears on the top only break because the lower screws pull..?.. you can capture the top that way as well..
@jondilly1974, this idea works well, but is troublesome to do. You have to hold a nut with pliers on the inside while attaching the screws. Once done, you will need to tighten the nuts. I bought a mini set of open end wrenches specifically for this application. Should help reduce the overall stress, but landing correctly is still the best fix.

Makes sense. Where you get them?
McMaster-Carr
@jondilly1974, this idea works well, but is troublesome to do. You have to hold a nut with pliers on the inside while attaching the screws. Once done, you will need to tighten the nuts. I bought a mini set of open end wrenches specifically for this application. Should help reduce the overall stress, but landing correctly is still the best fix.
Yeah I got the nut started and then back the screw out until the nut was tight against the bulkhead, held the nut in place and then tightened the screw all the way and made sure the nuts was all the way tight.

I finally toasted my rear dif on those monster jumps last weekend. Sheared some teeth on both of the planetary gears. Horizon will replace once they have stock. Put in a stock 6s dif and pinion for now. Can't use the Safe D input collar either. Only fits the new EXB pinion which has flat spots on both sides of the shaft. Red Loctite to the rescue.

I finally toasted my rear dif on those monster jumps last weekend. Sheared some teeth on both of the planetary gears. Horizon will replace once they have stock. Put in a stock 6s dif and pinion for now. Can't use the Safe D input collar either. Only fits the new EXB pinion which has flat spots on both sides of the shaft. Red Loctite to the rescue.
Yep same here. Supposedly replacement complete diffs are being shipped out next week. ??‍♂️

Was it shimmed proprely?

What’s everyone’s thoughts on swapping my V4 diff to the front with 50k and then using the front EXB diff with 10k and the LSD plates set for more slip in the rear? That way the weaker diff is in front?

So my last bash a few days ago I thought I snapped the sun gear pin. Here is what I found today

C85D44F8-11A5-4A41-8DD4-F5A87EB5B6C0.jpeg

C261F1B9-1421-4949-AD5B-1AFFBA2A522A.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back