Kraton Kraton EXB Bumper Keeps Breaking?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyev

Reaction score
I keep seeming to break the same part of my Kraton 6s EXB bumper, way too frequently.... Yes, it's due to my poor driving, but the crashes are not THAT bad or THAT frequent that it should be breaking this often.

The part that I've broken 4X in not too many runs is the plastic shock absorber, specifically, the plastic that slides in between the chassis and the diff box is getting ripped from the screws when the bumper is torqued from a crash.

It's definitely a case of rather having that part break than something upstream. But I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to not have it break quite so often, or if a different bumper might be better for me?

Wouldn't be quite as bad if I could by the plastic shock absorber part seperate from the rest of the bumper, but I don't think Arrma sells that part separately.

Fill the cavities of the shock absorber part with some RTV or even some shoe goo and let it set up completely. Will absorb the force and keep the plastic from breaking.

I keep seeming to break the same part of my Kraton 6s EXB bumper, way too frequently.... Yes, it's due to my poor driving, but the crashes are not THAT bad or THAT frequent that it should be breaking this often.

The part that I've broken 4X in not too many runs is the plastic shock absorber, specifically, the plastic that slides in between the chassis and the diff box is getting ripped from the screws when the bumper is torqued from a crash.

It's definitely a case of rather having that part break than something upstream. But I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to not have it break quite so often, or if a different bumper might be better for me?

Wouldn't be quite as bad if I could by the plastic shock absorber part seperate from the rest of the bumper, but I don't think Arrma sells that part separately.
Do you have a 3d printer?

FE7EB1A4-9BF2-4CBD-A5C7-F638D11418A4.jpeg

F31F9778-61B7-4418-920F-C80D37911A83.jpeg

D97B8110-F053-4D98-978E-53644526C3A7.jpeg

E41CD5BA-64DF-4A8D-99AB-8CDC5D756225.jpeg

Unfortunately, no...
Fill the cavities of the shock absorber part with some RTV or even some shoe goo and let it set up completely. Will absorb the force and keep the plastic from breaking.
Unfortunately this won’t work for the part of that component that I’m breaking... it’s the thin plastic that surrounds the screws that hold the front of the diff box to the chassis that is breaking. The screws are getting yanked out of the very thin plastic. There is no room to apply any RTV / shoe goo here.

Unfortunately, no...

Unfortunately this won’t work for the part of that component that I’m breaking... it’s the thin plastic that surrounds the screws that hold the front of the diff box to the chassis that is breaking. The screws are getting yanked out of the very thin plastic. There is no room to apply any RTV / shoe goo here.
Pics? I have broken the ovals in the bumper and even have two spares, but can’t be bothered with swapping them. 🤣🤘🏻

I should have included photos to start with sorry! Here is the part that is breaking over and over. I can't see how shoe goowould help. The ovals and everything else has been totally fine.
IMG_4843(1).jpg

I should have included photos to start with sorry! Here is the part that is breaking over and over. I can't see how shoe goowould help. The ovals and everything else has been totally fine.View attachment 151565
Lol- not at all what I was thinking! Are you missing some screws in the front?

I had the same problem and just purchased the Hot Racing super bash front bumber mount. It replaces the hunge pin AND the plastic piece that rips the screws out for the bumper, its the only one on the market like this that I'm aware of
https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=AON08FFB02;c=1533

I got lucky and bought it quick here's some pics

20210523_153134.jpg

20210523_153939.jpg

20210523_174643.jpg

Nope, not missing any screws. That HR part looks like the perfect solution though - if only I can find some!

Looks great, it too bad their website warns international shipments can “take many weeks”.
That’s definitely a bummer, just pointing out an alternative option.

Looks great, it too bad their website warns international shipments can “take many weeks”.
Mine was shipped to WA within 2 weeks. It’s a long wait. But way worth it… that HR piece looks nice too! I had no idea they were making parts for the EXB’s now. Awesome..
I've ordered from them and both times they had my parts shipped within a day or two and I had my parts in under 2 weeks.
yep, me too :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back