Kraton Kraton EXB chassis brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soilhalo77

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
I keep sheering the bolt off from my rear brace
Any advice on how to stop this from happening. Like what are people using to stop this?
Kinda ruins your day if it happens at the beginning of days running

Buy a rear brace off just bash it that has the little tab for added reinforcement. It's funny that it has the hole for it, but the brace don't have the tab on it :unsure:

Buy a rear brace off just bash it that has the little tab for added reinforcement. It's funny that it has the hole for it, but the brace don't have the tab on it :unsure:

There must be something to that. If the tab was significant I'd figure M2C braces would have it. I've always wonder that, but don't have enough chassis laying around to see which ones break first haha.

thought it was just the talion that has the tab on chassis braces

thought it was just the talion that has the tab on chassis braces
I know curt was showing me when he got some exb's to break down they were missing the tabs on the center braces. He may not have his out yet, i didn't see them on the site now that i looked. I know he is in the process of putting out a bunch of new parts, but also in the process of moving out of IL to MO too.

I break them too and I have the m2c chassis. Carry extra bolts in your gear bag. It’s a poor design and should be either keyed like the talion or use two bolts.
Also helps not to loctite the bolt for easier removal of the stud remaining in the brace...

Just got confirmation from Curt, the CRCU ones have the tabs, and he is about to come out with his own.

I am more interested to see you sending it and sheering off that bolt 😁
I’ve broken that bolt lots of times now but not bent the chassis! Weird! I don’t know why but last time I heard it break on impact, big crack like smacking 2 pieces of flat wood together
Drill, tap, and upsize the bolt. Only makes sense after breaking more than one.
Yeah that was next move
I was kinda hoping for a suggestion of a stronger bolt u could maybe buy
Anyway I’ve got a big pack of these so I’ll work my way through and sort it when I’ve non left🤣

Last edited:
I keep sheering the bolt off from my rear brace
Any advice on how to stop this from happening. Like what are people using to stop this?
Kinda ruins your day if it happens at the beginning of days running
Drive better 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣✌🏻 Sorry that the advice I usually get. The stock braces are too soft. Get some 7075 braces. I wish the were keyed like some other models too.

Drive better 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣✌🏻 Sorry that the advice I usually get. The stock braces are too soft. Get some 7075 braces. I wish the were keyed like some other models too.
Stop ending up in the ditch and you'll start getting different advice 🤔🤔🤔🤔

I was kinda hoping for a suggestion of a stronger bolt u could maybe buy
Once you go grade 12.9 with a small fastener, you've topped out. In the real world, if a rated fastener isn't strong enough, it gets upsized during development until it is.

Back