Kraton Kraton exb diff oils

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooby

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello all , hope you're well , Im wanting some help from you all , I recently purchased a kraton exb 6s , running max 6 4985 combo with 20t pinion ,this is my first rc truck with lsd diffs , I struggling to keep the front end down with esc punch reduced to level 2 , (stock level 3) , I wanted to ask about what the stock diff oil weights are and what I could do to send a little more power to the front wheels , also I'm unsure about how to adjust the diffs for minimum and maximum effect , thankyou , all input is appreciated

50k front, 200k center, 20k rear. I like the tight cornering that is still possible. And the ballooning in front is reduced a lot. If it still balloons too much for your taste go to 300k center. I found 300k center to much if you drive on pavement to. Will backflip too easily. I do drive the Kraton V4.

50k front, 200k center, 20k rear. I like the tight cornering that is still possible. And the ballooning in front is reduced a lot. If it still balloons too much for your taste go to 300k center. I found 300k center to much if you drive on pavement to. Will backflip too easily. I do drive the Kraton V4.
Thankyou for your response, really appreciate it , mine is the exb model with lsd , so 50 front 200 centre and 20k rear . Thankyou , could you shed some light on the lsd minimum and maximum effect ?

Some info on Kraton differentials

Oversimplified: The minimum and maximum effect is basically a way to increase or decrease friction inside the differential instead of using oils. You might as well work with oils. With the maximum setting the sun gear gets more pressure when in action and that decreases the chance of damaging the gear teeth. Oil can't really do that. The proper shimming of the sun gear is important so it won't be pressed against the diff body. The shims do wear down with time - with the XMaxx this is an issue.

Last edited:
Some info on Kraton differentials

Oversimplified: The minimum and maximum effect is basically a way to increase or decrease friction inside the differential instead of using oils. You might as well work with oils. With the maximum setting the sun gear gets more pressure when in action and that decreases the chance of damaging the gear teeth. Oil can't really do that. The proper shimming of the sun gear is important so it won't be pressed against the diff body. The shims do wear down with time - with the XMaxx this is an issue.
Thanks for your help, appreciated

I have a k6exb and I put 500k center diff and my front I opened and it was like 3/4 full so I poured a bit out, an$ I added like 50% of its volume in 100k. So it’s like 50/50 10k & 100k 😂 I know that’s probably not how it’s supposed to be done lol. But it seems to work. And I have the max6 4985 1650kv combo too.
*the center may have had about 15-25% of its stock fluid in it when I added the 500k

I have a k6exb and I put 500k center diff and my front I opened and it was like 3/4 full so I poured a bit out, an$ I added like 50% of its volume in 100k. So it’s like 50/50 10k & 100k 😂 I know that’s probably not how it’s supposed to be done lol. But it seems to work. And I have the max6 4985 1650kv combo too.
*the center may have had about 15-25% of its stock fluid in it when I added the 500k
Mixing fluid is perfectly fine. 👍🏻

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back