Kraton Kraton EXB diff Opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 3s
So i got the newish EXB, is it the V4.. Anyway, wondering what you experienced EXB owners have seen upon receiveing the rig!? Did they need shimmed, were they low on fluid, is the limited slip a good thing or problematic, should they be swapped with the older diffs!!?

Just want to know what to expect and or look for when i get mine.. Hopefully this weekend!!
And any tips and tricks are always welcome!!
Pretty pumped, might put it on a build thread, though its pretty much already built!!🤣

Last edited:
So i got the newish EXB, is it the V4.. Anyway, wondering what you experienced EXB owners have seen upon receiveing the rig!? Did they need shimmed, were they low on fluid, is the limited slip s good thing or problematic!!

Just want to know what to expect and or look for when i get mine.. Hopefully this weekend!!
And any tips and tricks are always welcome!!
Pretty pumped, might put it on a build thread, though its pretty much already built!!🤣

Hello, congrats! The latest EXB is a v5. So I started with a 20T pinion on a HW4985/1650kv motor so that's a beast. 18T is a cool place to start depends on your motor and ESC you are going with. My case I can go up to 24T NP.

Drive it as is with stock fluid you should be fine with the LSD setup should be max/max/min for rear min. Don't change diff until you feel it out first Yes fluid is normally low so check and verify you LSD setup. I did shim where needed shimming is not a one fit all depends on your rig.

Lots of threads on here about the LSD diffs already - just do a search - but yeah, check them over and see how they feel. Check fluid levels and see how they feel. My recent KEXB center diff was atrocious - really notchy and when I opened it up found plastic bits in it. Rebuilt it and it’s nice now.

Shims are to correct for manufacturing tolerances so one person’s KEXB may/will be different from yours - you just need to get your hands dirty and feel them out. It’s all part of the joy of the hobby. :)

Will be running a spektrum 150a with the 2050
What weight are you guys running front to back, ill just be doing some general bashing!!🤣🔥🔥

Last edited:
Will be running a spektrum 150a with the 2050
What weight are you guys running front to back, ill just be doing some general bashing!!🤣🔥🔥
I do 30k front 100k-200k center and 15 rear with open diff. 🤙🏻

With that power combo you’ll wanna stick to 13 or 14 pinion. Any bigger than that and you’ll start fighting heat.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back