Kraton Kraton EXB Diff Outdrive Inserts on rear left wheel only.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wesocool

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
While checking the dog bones I notice the left rear dogbone really tight and the right dogbone had a bit of play. Pulled out my trusted flashlight and pulled out this thing , https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA311028
Why would Arrma only install one diff outdrive Insert, why not four ?

Good eye, you caught that. Factory goofed up. These are found on the EXB rear diffs outdrives only. FWIW.
They are cheap and available. Just buy another pack. BTW they can fall out easily when removing and servicing the rear diff. Maybe you lost it? IDK.
Only if the dog bone was removed prior would it even fall out. Yes 2 are needed in the rear. Keeps the cups from wearing out and prevents noisey bones that will chatter without them. Keeps the wheel hub of the side bone ends deeper into the axles. This is new with all EXB and V5 rigs from what I understand. I use them in all my 6s rigs now. Backwards compatible. I know from using them, they are easy to fall out sometimes. :cool:
Call HH for free ones under the 2 year warranty. A Factory assembly defect.

Digging up and old thread but I have purchased both the Talion and recently the Outcast EXB models and neither came with the diff outdrive inserts even though they are in the parts list. Not sure if it’s a goof up from the factory. Luckily a cheap fix.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back