Kraton Kraton EXB Diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adaraas

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Howdy all. New to the forum but I've lurked for a long time.

I've done some googling and searched the forums a bit but most of the information I can find is old.

I've got through both a front and a rear diff in my new EXB so i'm looking for how to make them bulletproof.

I've ordered the shim kit (ARA311094), along with more diff plates just incase (ARA310984)

Both diffs are the LSD version (ARA310990) so whats the standard procedure with these now? I just want something I can run without having to worry about blowing the diffs out of it.

Really just make sure they are filled correctly as some are low on oil from manufacturing and shim them if needed. Most need 1 shim front and rear but may need two to take up the slop.

Howdy all. New to the forum but I've lurked for a long time.

I've done some googling and searched the forums a bit but most of the information I can find is old.

I've got through both a front and a rear diff in my new EXB so i'm looking for how to make them bulletproof.

I've ordered the shim kit (ARA311094), along with more diff plates just incase (ARA310984)

Both diffs are the LSD version (ARA310990) so whats the standard procedure with these now? I just want something I can run without having to worry about blowing the diffs out of it.

I am in the same boat as you and looked at a lot of videos and asked some questions. I am still waiting on mine to deliver and I will look at the diffs.

My advice and it only worth $0.02 :cool:

If it is new, it could be shimmed correctly already but you do need to open it to see. There has been mention that the updated rigs have a partial rear LSD possibly or the rear open diff fix. Again, I have not gotten that confirmed. Personally, I would prefer when mine comes to be shimmed correctly (which I will check) and be LSD for front/center but have the rear as an open diff for better bashing action.

Most of the good users here with the K6S EXB got them early so I am coming late so Arrma could have updated yours if it is new. Look to see what you have and if not that shim kit for the fix is correct. Lots of YT videos showing it being installed. The only way to run it worry-free is to open them up before you bash to check (y)

Yep if it’s a new diff it should be ready to go as long as it has enough fluid. That is still an ongoing issue with all diffs from Arrma. All of the early problems have been fixed as far as we have seen.

Cool deal. I'll probably pull the diffs apart still just to check after shredding two of them.

Should I put stock weight back in them, or should I put some heavier oil? Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back