Kraton Kraton EXB Front Diff Removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harleyflyer

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
I recently got my Kraton EXB and I’m planning to change diff oil weights. I am having trouble just getting the diff cover off. I have removed the sway bar, both shock bottom bolts, the 4 main bolts holding the diff cover, and per the manual, I have removed the 4 top screws from the front bumper. After that, the diff cover acts like it is still being held in place as it will not budge. Am I missing something?

I recently got my Kraton EXB and I’m planning to change diff oil weights. I am having trouble just getting the diff cover off. I have removed the sway bar, both shock bottom bolts, the 4 main bolts holding the diff cover, and per the manual, I have removed the 4 top screws from the front bumper. After that, the diff cover acts like it is still being held in place as it will not budge. Am I missing something?
Some muscles? Lol it’s usually a little tough getting them on and off. Put some effort behind it and it should pop off.

One last tip is make sure the output cups on the diff are turned the same rotation and flat to clear the housing.

One last tip is make sure the output cups on the diff are turned the same rotation and flat to clear the housing.
He's talking about the COVER and if you've removed yours before you should know it's held on by the bumper spring.

The "spring" for the front bumper needs to be removed. It's a few screws.
Thanks bicketybam!! I didn’t realize the “spring” came out like that. But even after taking the spring out I needed to use vise grips to get the cover off but I got it done. Thanks again! ?

Thanks bicketybam!! I didn’t realize the “spring” came out like that. But even after taking the spring out I needed to use vise grips to get the cover off but I got it done. Thanks again! ?
No problem ??I was having a problem too until I took a look and saw the bottom of the cover is covered by that spring.

I keep a set of channel locks handy for just this reason. The cover is hard to pull off by hand, so I use the channel locks to slide it off. They also make it fairly easy to put it back on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back