Kraton Kraton EXB front/ rear diff swtich.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raiden1994!

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Has one tried switching the front diff and the rear diff for the Kraton exb?? I'm looking for permanent (mostly) fixes. Thnx.

Has one tried switching the front diff and the rear diff for the Kraton exb?? I'm looking for permanent (mostly) fixes. Thnx.
I’ve tried the LSD in the rear but didn’t like it. It was too stiff for my taste. Couldn’t turn under power at all. That’s why Arrma didn’t originally set it up that way.

Just asking here--doesn't the EXB come with front-center are open! Rear is LSD?
Nope, rear is open. Front and center are LSD’s

Can you tell me about this optional diff with large shim?? Thanks for everyone's response. My question was wondering if anyone had just switched the front rear diff. Wasn't sure if the open diff in the front and the LSD diff in the back was a good idea. Or if anyone has tried it. Just curious if that's be a good more permanent fix.

Can you tell me about this optional diff with large shim?? Thanks for everyone's response. My question was wondering if anyone had just switched the front rear diff. Wasn't sure if the open diff in the front and the LSD diff in the back was a good idea. Or if anyone has tried it. Just curious if that's be a good more permanent fix.
Ok I'm following now ? there's been a lot of discussion on the forum about the open spec EXB diff. If I can advise you to do anything, it's to not run the rear open diff as it is at all. Instead, either:

Note: Arrma have their own 12x18x1.9mm spacer to use instead of the 12x18 shims, but it has not been made available yet to buy

Also note: There's also speculation that there may be some new internal gears which could be released that would be better suited for the open spec 29mm EXB diff cup (which IMO would be the best solution). However, I don't think anyone has seen or heard anything about them since this thread: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/diff-kit-package-assembled-wrong.28516/post-395629

over it dead horse GIF

Back