Kraton Kraton EXB front tyres ballooning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razz007

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hello everyone , got the EXB out in a big area today and when she’s flat out the fronts balloon , mine is all standard regarding oils and tyres etc , with the EXB what’s the cure please ? Thicker centre oil ? She pops wheelies very easy as it , I’m not into wheelies that much . Thanks
101E509B-125F-4A88-9EDE-3EEDEBB6B4FC.jpeg

Hello everyone , got the EXB out in a big area today and when she’s flat out the fronts balloon , mine is all standard regarding oils and tyres etc , with the EXB what’s the cure please ? Thicker centre oil ? She pops wheelies very easy as it , I’m not into wheelies that much . Thanks
View attachment 121897
You have two problems here that I read:

1) Too much ballooning in front
2) Too much wheelies

These are the two polar opposite ends of diff tuning. If you go thicker in the center diff, you will get more wheelies. If you go thinner, you will get more front ballooning.

My approach would be to vent your tires to allow air to escape under centripetal forces to minimize the ballooning factor, and then turn down your punch setting to offset the wheelies.

I’ll learn better throttle control as I recon it’s me , a year with a typhon makes like easy , the tyres are vented and my punch level is at mid point , she is perfect in the wooded area I go to , it was my first trip to an open area , I’ve put my backflip LP’s back on and had a street run , with punch at a lower setting it was easier , I’ll just just have to adjust to suit where I’m heading to , thanks for your reply , when I sit and think , it all makes sense , cheers 👍🏻

I’ll learn better throttle control as I recon it’s me , a year with a typhon makes like easy , the tyres are vented and my punch level is at mid point , she is perfect in the wooded area I go to , it was my first trip to an open area , I’ve put my backflip LP’s back on and had a street run , with punch at a lower setting it was easier , I’ll just just have to adjust to suit where I’m heading to , thanks for your reply , when I sit and think , it all makes sense , cheers 👍🏻
It's about power transfer, with stock oils the rear end feels more resistence and in such will send power to the free wheel wich is usually the front wheel. So with all or most of the power on the front wheels they spin out of control and baloon. Now if you user thicker oil in the front diff the resistence will be more in the front and thus the power will be transfered to the back causing them to spin more. Now if you use thicker oil in the center diff or lock the center diff it will send more even or even power to front and rear diffs. But thicker oils come with a downside too, the thicker the oil the more your turning radius increases because both inside and outside wheel are spinning the same or closse to the same rate and that causes cupping. In a real car you have open diffs so that when you turn your outer wheels will spin at different speeds then the inside wheel allowing you to turn without cupping and tighter turns. Like 4x4 in a pickup, when you have it on you cant make as tight of turns in parking lots etc but when you flip 4x4 off you can turn again that's wheel cupping.

Definitely vent tires and maybe check a d turn down punch settings. I installed the spektrum 160amp esc in my exb kraton and when using the spektrum esc programmer the brake and punch setting where off from what the manual shows is default. My punch was 5 and my brakes at I think 25%. I also noticed the manual had less options for brake strength than there actually was.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back