Kraton EXB Heavy duty springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Hey all,
Running HW1650 max 6 with 2x 3s 6500mah plus fans etc was making my rig way too heavy for stock springs.
I have managed to find the following springs which are way heavier than stock.
Front stock Springs are 85mm 1.09N/mm(6.2lb/in)
Rear stock springs are 95mm 0.87N/mm (5.0lb/in)

New ones:-
Front 89mm 2.45N/mm (14lb/in)
Rear 101mm 2.1N/mm (12lb/in)
Probably going to get 2 more of the shorter ones for the rear as i feel the 101mm are a bit too long and put on unneeded preload on the shocks, Ordered some heavier shock oil to test but so far handles drops much better
All springs comparison.jpg
Front springs on 01.jpg
Rear springs on 01.jpg

Link to where i ordered springs from, Under the stock springs just search for size required
https://www.flexosprings.com/compression-springs
Stock code of shorter ones:- 343728
Try screwing the collar adjuster on the shock body down first.

That should be all you need to do to compensate for the minimal extra weight from the upgrades
Already tried this but not satisfied with the results, the pics were taken after just fitting springs so hadn't put any preload on them.

Link to where i ordered springs from, Under the stock springs just search for size required

Already tried this but not satis

Already tried this but not satisfied with the results, the pics were taken after just fitting springs so hadn't put any preload on them.

I have just installed the same springs as you after seeing your post, not tested yet, how have you found them? I was thinking of cutting them down all by 5mm so same as stock. What oil and piston have you ended up using? cheers

I have just installed the same springs as you after seeing your post, not tested yet, how have you found them? I was thinking of cutting them down all by 5mm so same as stock. What oil and piston have you ended up using? cheers

Hey, glad to see you went with those, I have found they work really well on my rig and it handles bigger drops way better than stock. don't cut them down, the ends are closed and imo they work fine as they are. The pistons I'm using atm are M2C with slight mods to them, check my build thread to see what I mean.

Hey, glad to see you went with those, I have found they work really well on my rig and it handles bigger drops way better than stock. don't cut them down, the ends are closed and imo they work fine as they are. The pistons I'm using atm are M2C with slight mods to them, check my build thread to see what I mean.
Ahh too late i cut them down tonight! Manged to close the ends though and they look nearly as good as factory was quite impressed with how it went! They not feeling too good though when I tested earlier, car wanted to roll over in corners but I only have 1200 CST in at the moment, no emulsion caps. What oil would you recomend? Cheers wil check out your build thread
1625785533405.png

my kraton v5 is just over 16lbs..lots of add ons. does anyone have a good source for either stronger springs or better shocks in the u.s.?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back