Kraton Kraton EXB Jim’s bearings Full M2C Rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soilhalo77

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Hi all,
Been a while since last post but it’s nice to be back! And as usual I have a question.
I’ve bought every single M2C part u can get your hands on for the EXB and a new set of Jim’s “BASHER” Bearings.
I started buying everything before Xmas as had to buy in stages cos it was expensive
Anyway my point is with the Jim’s bearing kit you get an option to include motor bearings for a Hobbywing 1650, but I don’t remember if I actually bought that kit. I checked over the kit yesterday and there are 2 completely steel sealed bearings in there that are the same as the motor bearings but I believe they are also the same size as the bearing that goes on inside of the F/R diffs. (Just need to point out I bought another 2 motor bearing sets around the same time, 1 for my HPI Vorza motor and 1 for the 1650 in my kraton) The bag I opened yesterday was sealed so I know I’ve not mixed them up
So if the 2 steel bearings aren’t for the motor am I correct in thinking that they do go on inside of the diff on the input gear? I can’t find any information about specifically fitting a set of Jim’s bearings
I am very experienced with stripping and rebuilding RCs as I’ve been doing it since I was around 7 when my mother wouldn’t let me have a motocross bike so I got an RC for Xmas instead 🤘I’m 44 now and I’ve always just swapped out blown bearings with standard parts but never bought a specific kit so I’m a newbie at this part
Anyone point me in the right direction please?
Thanks

Side note, did get a motocross bike in the end but I ended up breaking my leg in over 32 places and that’s where the surgeon lost count 🤕😁👊. No more bike now!

Last edited:
Hi all,
Been a while since last post but it’s nice to be back! And as usual I have a question.
I’ve bought every single M2C part u can get your hands on for the EXB and a new set of Jim’s “BASHER” Bearings.
I started buying everything before Xmas as had to buy in stages cos it was expensive
Anyway my point is with the Jim’s bearing kit you get an option to include motor bearings for a Hobbywing 1650, but I don’t remember if I actually bought that kit. I checked over the kit yesterday and there are 2 completely steel sealed bearings in there that are the same as the motor bearings but I believe they are also the same size as the bearing that goes on inside of the F/R diffs. (Just need to point out I bought another 2 motor bearing sets around the same time, 1 for my HPI Vorza motor and 1 for the 1650 in my kraton) The bag I opened yesterday was sealed so I know I’ve not mixed them up
So if the 2 steel bearings aren’t for the motor am I correct in thinking that they do go on inside of the diff on the input gear? I can’t find any information about specifically fitting a set of Jim’s bearings
I am very experienced with stripping and rebuilding RCs as I’ve been doing it since I was around 7 when my mother wouldn’t let me have a motocross bike so I got an RC for Xmas instead 🤘I’m 44 now and I’ve always just swapped out blown bearings with standard parts but never bought a specific kit so I’m a newbie at this part
Anyone point me in the right direction please?
Thanks

Side note, did get a motocross bike in the end but I ended up breaking my leg in over 32 places and that’s where the surgeon lost count 🤕😁👊. No more bike now!

Can't help you on the bearings..

But, Damn!
Glad it was just a leg and that you are still around. THAT didn't sound good at all....
Mom was Right to not get you a motocross earlier..
Definitely no more gas powered bikes for you!

If there are 22 bearings in the kit it’s for all the bearings except the motor bearings.
The two bearings in that kit you’re probably referring to are 8x19x6, whereas the 1650kv motor bearings are 6x19x6.

I’ll take ‘em out n count them. Most of the time I don’t think of the obvious solution before asking a question. Goes back to the MX Crash and all the morphine I’ve gotta take now ! Gets me wackbards 😁🤕👊

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back