Kraton Kraton EXB LSD Diff to Open - Thx again to the Members

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't think of this with the open diff shim kit they have now:
screenshot_20210913-121923_gallery-jpg.217749

This happened to my exb rear diff last time out:
2022-0423-kraton-blownRearDiff-SunGear.jpg

Although, it doesn't look like it flexed or anything, not 100% sure what happened. When I rebuilt it, I used drill bit stock for the pins and replaced the plastic cup with an arrma 2 piece alloy cup and also put new shims in since they were deformed. Only had like 4 bash sessions on the truck. Haven't run it since rebuilding it and adding the new cup.

This is interesting...

I did not add this to my first post. I did shim my outdrives. When the diff was together this was with the plastic diff cup and was the same with the Arrma metal cup...it had too much movement of the outdrive.

Take one side and put the pin back in for the outdrive and drop the washers and crown gear in and move the outdrive back and forth I could see slight mm of movement to the crown gear.

I used these here

On the outdrive I think do not hold me to this 4 or 5mm of those shims on one side. Outdrive, shims linked, bearing and I slide the outdrive into the cup. So it is shimmed on the outside of the cup and those shims site nicely on the inside ream of the bearing does not touch the rubber seal. You want to shim enough where there is no movement of the crown and outdrive moving back/forth....and NO binding when you turn it of course. I did the same on the other side as well.

Not sure what happened to you but for me, I wanted to stop unwanted slop and movement like that on the diff. I do this on all my rigs to stop the outdrive back/forth movement.

Food for thought.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back