Kraton EXB M2C Shock Pistons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jschlosser0405

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
I just received my M2C pistons (3077) for my Kraton. I did not however see that I could have gotten the emulsion caps and pistons as a set until I already ordered the pistons. Anyway, I am going to install the pistons in a spare set of shocks I have. Anyone ever run them with a bladder? Any advice on oil weight doing it this way? I'm guessing using these pistons with a bladder wont be an issue, I just may end up with a little stiffer/slower dampening.

Emulsion setup is a harder to setup keeping each pair of shocks identical in response maintaining neutral (rebound). More time to setup, rebleeding as needed. There is a learning curve to them compared to Diaphram type setups.
But the efforts are worth it. More plush feel to them and way less rebound speeds. Keeps tires from bouncing on landings going from compression to extension of the stroke. It has a much slower rebound and faster compression stroke.
You can still use those M2C pistons no problem. They are indexed bottom vs top. Important to set this properly.

If you want, technically you can use the stock caps also with an emulsion setup. Need to cut out the bladder, leaving the outer ring as the cap seal. The M2C caps come with seals. Same thing however. This has been done with stock caps. Not new. But the M2C caps have bleeder screws making it easier to bleed.
:cool:
BTW, those M2C caps don't come cheap.:LOL:

Emulsion setup is a harder to setup keeping each pair of shocks identical in response maintaining neutral (rebound). More time to setup, rebleeding as needed. There is a learning curve to them compared to Diaphram type setups.
But the efforts are worth it. More plush feel to them and way less rebound speeds. Keeps tires from bouncing on landings going from compression to extension of the stroke. It has a much slower rebound and faster compression stroke.
You can still use those M2C pistons no problem. They are indexed bottom vs top. Important to set this properly.

If you want, technically you can use the stock caps also with an emulsion setup. Need to cut out the bladder, leaving the outer ring as the cap seal. The M2C caps come with seals. Same thing however. This has been done with stock caps. Not new. But the M2C caps have bleeder screws making it easier to bleed.
:cool:
BTW, those M2C caps don't come cheap.:LOL:
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to try the pistons with the bladders for now and see how it goes, if I don't like it I will just swap the other shocks back in. Assuming it stays dry for this weekend. Yeah those M2C caps definitely are not cheap. I had visions of drilling/tapping the stock caps since I have a spare set and make myself a bleeder screw on top like the M2C. Not much meat up there to tap though. May try adding an Al spot weld to make the screw hole a little beefier.

FWIW, the LIM/INFR/FEL plastic shock caps are less$$ , They have a bleeder screw. Just need to use a hot pin/needle to open the hole up to make it a bleeder screw cap. I though about doing that on my LIM. To see if it would work better. Honestly I have probably done emulsion shocks more than bladder types. ( my other brand rigs) There is a difference. Like I said though harder to get emulsion shocks to match identical in pairs to each other. Easily done once you get the hang of it. Bladder shocks are easier IMHO. More plush throughout the whole stroke with an emulsion if they are setup with a neutral rebound. Just my opinion.
Bladder type shocks don't mix air with oil.( if done properly) Emulsion does.

When installing pistons...do you tighten the shaft nut down all the way or just enough to snug the piston? To allow for a small amount of movement/rotation of the piston? Also, does anyone put TL on the shaft threads?

Last edited:
Back