Kraton Kraton exb maiden run/impressions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mgswe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
So i just got my kraton 👍
I put in an old hw xerun 150a and 2200kv motor / 16t pinion and a 100c 4s lipo(since 2200kv)

Paired with a hitec 7950th workhorse of a servo and the first version cc bec that i had from an old comp crawler project, cranked to 7.4v directly to servo.

ESC /motor aren't the best match as I got it explained to me but everything works and has managed to survive for about 10ish years so if something goes it dies a worthy death 🤣.

Observations out of the box: steering had quite a lot of play, not deal breaking but a little disappointing for a non rtr exb and so on...

Rear outdrives, cups (not sure what they are called, but where the dogbones connect to diff) had a bit of play side to side, front ones felt much better
Further investigation needed 🙂.

Had to cut the little "lip" where the esc mounts, or else cables (sensor on one side) would have rubbed, prolly could have worked but i didn't see a use for it anyways.

Except for that everything looked exceptional, easy installation! didn't disassemble diffs to have a look tho!

So.. for the first ride, the car was pretty crazy even on 4s! Wheelies, jumps, loved it! 6s will be very exciting 🤯.
Tried a bit of crawling as well, buttery smooth, cogging almost non exicisting, won't be a lot of that kinda driving tho 😁

Ran it on wet not very well cut grass and it ripped!

However, steering faded on grass.. ALOT! I suspect the servo saver, servo it self should be plenty but again more investigating needed, only had a short low servo arm around so had to do a bit of a bodge job getting it setup right.
still thinkin saver tho, a threaded adjustable one would be nice, if you know any that bolts right in pls let me know!

Ran through half the 7200mah pack before a wheelnut came loose, forgot to check them so no blame arrma there!

All the electronics was nice and cool, and the dusty motors cover worked wonders for keeping inside clean, the exterior looked like a ghillie suite 🤣
highly recommended if you want to (have to in my case) run in muddy /wet conditions!

Wall of text here, but maybe someone finds it interesting 😂!

Yeah 2200kv is fine for 4s if geared on the taller side. For 6s will get too hot. Fans or no fans IMHO. I like running 4s alot of the time myself. I mix it up (Kraton RTR electrics). I assume you are running the motor Sensored? Little to no cogging.(y)
Any Roller or not, ST slop is inherent in every single Arrma produced out the box. Yet driveable for me and most.
If running a 25 spline servo, and you probably are, the Stocker 25spl. servo arm/horn is best. It is spec'd for the rig. I haven't found any better fitting options. Some have used universal clamping servo horns. I find them too tall and wont clear the servo case. Hole to hole spacing needs to be 20mm at the arm. Spektrum 23 spline arms are branded as such and is probably what you got in the box.
Try shimming the Servo Saver hub below the spring with a few circlips as shims to limit SS response.
There are videos and threads here regarding this procedure.

Last edited:
Yeah 2200kv is fine for 4s if geared on the taller side. For 6s will get too hot. Fans or no fans IMHO. I like running 4s alot of the time myself. I mix it up (Kraton RTR electrics). I assume you are running the motor Sensored? Little to no cogging.(y)
Any Roller or not, ST slop is inherent in every single Arrma produced out the box. Yet driveable for me and most.
If running a 25 spline servo, and you probably are, the Stocker 25spl. servo arm/horn is best. It is spec'd for the rig. I haven't found any better fitting options. Some have used universal clamping servo horns. I find them too tall and wont clear the servo case. Hole to hole spacing needs to be 20mm at the arm. Spektrum 23 spline arms are branded as such and is probably what you got in the box.
Try shimming the Servo Saver hub below the spring with a few circlips as shims to limit SS response.
There are videos and threads here regarding this procedure.

Thx man!
I'm in the process of getting to the saver, but the darn hex to the aluminum support was stuck, tons of red loctite i guess, tried heating with solder iron but no luck, it stripped, so drill and rethread next up🤔.

Hitec servo seems to use 24 spline, manufacturers pls come up with a standard!
I tried the steering indoors, and even on a flat floor the saver tweaked when i turned fast, I'll try the shimming method if i can get ahold of any clips, preferably i rather change the whole thing to something adjustable for future no disassembly tuning.

Know of any saver that fits?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back