Kraton Kraton EXB/Mojave EXB Power System Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wjrdice32

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
I have a Kraton EXB on the way and I want to order a Mojave EXB.

I have 3 systems

1. Hobbywing Max8 + 4274 2200KV
2. Arrma BLX 200 + 4075 2000KV
3. CEN Racing Colossus Reeper system ezrun 150A + 4282 1450 KV BRUSHLESS MOTOR

What should I put in the Kraton and what should I put in the Mojave?

1450kv in the Kraton. gear it on the taller side...
2000kv in the Mojave. Start out with the standard pinion.

Just an assessment at a quick glance. Curious what others would say...

Its all decent stuff you got there. (y) Save the 2200kv for a Lim. Fel or Infr.?:cool:

My mojave exb was quick enough on a max8/2200kv combo w/stock pinion. Just finishing getting a mamba monster x and a tp 2100kv beastie on a 20t pinion installed ). No odea what that will be like. Hoping rapid!

Just a question about the CEN Reeper System...wasn't it just a quicrun 150a (pretty sure about that) & a 4274 1450kv motor (not so sure about that)?

Generaly spoken: The Arrma BLX200 is just a MAX8 in disguise. If the Reeper ESC is just a quicrun like I suppose, I would definitely go with the both MAX8s.

If the Cen Reeper motor is really a 4282, I would definitely put that in the Kraton (combined with the Arrma BLX200 or MAX8). The other MAX8 goes into the Mojave with the 4075 or 4074 motor (I guess they will be very similar).
If the Reeper motor is only a 4274, it is a coin toss between the first 2 power systems. I might put the 2000kv motor in the Kraton, as the Mojave has to be geared a bit higher => the motor with a bit more kv is logical.

It is 4282, but the bullet connectors are not the same size as the max8 or blx200 esc. So I'd have to use the quicrun esc.
20201125_081616_HDR.jpg

@wjrdice32
Okay, I'm sorry, you are right. Now I see it. :pompous:

Well, the Reeper Motor seems to be a good pick for the Kraton then. On the other hand: The MAX8 is definitely a better ESC than the Quicrun 150A. For example, I have heard that the Arrma 2050kv Motor performs better (in the sense of having more power) when combined with a MAX8 instead of the original Arrma BLX185 ESC (which is a Quicrun).

So, in my opinion, the best option would be to solder an adapter for the Arrma BLX200 and put that in the Kraton together with the 1450kv motor.
If that is not an option and you want to keep the motor sets together, I would put the Arrma BLX200 combo in the Kraton and the MAX8 Combo in the Mojave, as I will almost always pick the MAX ESC before the Quicrun ESC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back