Kraton Kraton EXB new version questions ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
So what I gather is that they re-designed the rear diff to solve the problem some have ? So is it called the Kraton EXB V 1.5 now ? That soon ? How do you know the difference when looking at one at the hobby shop of which one it is ? On Arrmas gig site , it says " re-designed heavy duty metal internals " , is this still what was said from the orig EXB , or the new updated one ? Thanks guys .

I don’t think the diff update drove a version change... I’m pretty certain they wouldn’t do it just for that. That statement has been there since the beginning... the exb has "re-designed heavy duty metal internals” over the RTR

You could probably get a good idea from the serial number although I doubt there are many first run Kraton EXBs left in the hobby shop. Even if you manage to end up with a first run, the only difference is a $5 set of active diff plates.

Last edited:
I thought I saw a large plastic ring / shim now in place for the open diff choice ?

sounds like it’s an available option but according to JD the second batch comes with plates:

C79DFE4C-CC7C-46F0-898E-1BA97957C850.jpeg

So I guess I’m kinda mixed up too now. I thought I saw someone post that their new diff or warranty diff had that new spacer in it and it was full open?

So I guess I’m kinda mixed up too now. I thought I saw someone post that their new diff or warranty diff had that new spacer in it and it was full open?

i asked for the open diff when I warrantied mine - well I first asked for the thick shim only but it didn’t seem like it was available by itself and they could only do the whole open diff

In my opinion, if they change the part number for the KEXB, then it becomes a V2. If they don't change the part number or box, it's a running change. Time will tell.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back