Mojave Kraton EXB or Mojave? (Now Mojave EXB questions)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TITANIUM94010

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a new RC, and I'm trying to decide between a Kraton EXB and a Mojave.

I really like the look and scale of the Mojave, it looks better to me when running, but it's still fully independent suspension and kind of like an oversized Slash 4x4, which I have. It it had a solid rear axle, I would get it. A

Then there's the Kraton EXB, kind of small, if there were an 8s EXB I would get that over the Mojave, but the EXB can do jumps and stunts that the Mojave cant even dream of, plus it's more durable and cheaper to supply my own electronics with.

Suggestions?

I'm not in too much of a hurry, but I'm skeptical at best that there's an Mojave EXB coming without an official conformation.

With the right ESC and motor you can run 8S in the Mojave EXB. ?
I'll go with a 8s capable system, but probably run 6s for now, I don't have 4s batteries for 8s, or the charger....for now.

Im thinking Castle MMX8s and largest hobbywing motor i can fit, I've got a bad history with Castle motors :unsure:

I would say mojave . Exb is tough but the quality control is terrible at least in the first batch diff cups leaking changed them they still leak. Idk what caussing my exb to cogg switched escs. I was one of the lucky ones of not having diff issues but the think frustrates me opening the rear diff when it binds and find nothing broken is making me crazy and melting a diff cup after one run. If you want the exb at least the first batch one be prepared or trow v4 diffs everywhere exept maybe the center.
Amazing truck buts its not fun when you just know your truck has sonething wrong going. Its like running your daily driver car who keeps shuting off not an enjoyable experience

Yeah, I've decided to get an Mojave EXB, I was orignially going to get a Traxxas UDR, but it wasn't really a true basher,
Now I just gotta find the largest motor I can fit in it :LOL:
Can I cram a Hobbywing 5687 in there?

I would say mojave . Exb is tough but the quality control is terrible at least in the first batch diff cups leaking changed them they still leak. Idk what caussing my exb to cogg switched escs. I was one of the lucky ones of not having diff issues but the think frustrates me opening the rear diff when it binds and find nothing broken is making me crazy and melting a diff cup after one run. If you want the exb at least the first batch one be prepared or trow v4 diffs everywhere exept maybe the center.
Amazing truck buts its not fun when you just know your truck has sonething wrong going. Its like running your daily driver car who keeps shuting off not an enjoyable experience

Dude it’s a roller. If it cogs that’s on you. Your choice of electronics.

You are the Eeyore of RC. No one has the problems you have. These aren’t Arrma problems.

That said, the Mojave EXB and the next batch of Kraton EXBs will have the initial rear diff issues sorted out.

Yeah, I've decided to get an Mojave EXB, I was orignially going to get a Traxxas UDR, but it wasn't really a true basher,
Now I just gotta find the largest motor I can fit in it :LOL:
Can I cram a Hobbywing 5687 in there?
Yes with an @PPS-RC mount you can ??

Dude it’s a roller. If it cogs that’s on you. Your choice of electronics.

You are the Eeyore of RC. No one has the problems you have. These aren’t Arrma problems.

That said, the Mojave EXB and the next batch of Kraton EXBs will have the initial rear diff issues sorted out.
Well the blx 185 so far that i know was reliable and it isnt for me. Go ask people running the blx 185 system on 16-17t or in their mojave youd ont hear from the heaving cogging issues but i do when im on 14t. I worked arround the diff issue. I bassicly have the diff fix already on my rear diff but it still makes the diff cup overheat and melt. Motor was brand new same for the esc im lucky that i bought them from jenny rc or i would have been at 450$ spend on electronics that don't work. I wont have had any of these issues if i got a v4 but i didnt want the crap chassi and stock componenets to trow away day 1.

i have been victim of arrma Qc recently. LSD plates with physical defect, gearbox cover missing a shunk of plastic, diff cups leaking, motr/esc don't work so yes im having a bit enough. Im over 1000$ and i have to keep buying stuff to hopefully fix it now im arround the corner to spend 100-150$ on the firma 2050kv motor

Last edited:
The next batch of EXBs will have revised rear differentials that should be tougher. I have personally never driven a Mojave, however judging by the fact that it's longer and narrower than a Kraton tells me it might traction roll a bit easier, however the longer wheelbase might make it less snappy and easier to control at speed. Cost is also something to consider, you can have an EXB running for about $670 USD (blx185, dsservo 25kg, Dumbo radio) and then you get all the CNC 7075 EXB stuff.
The Mojave is $629, and you'll have plastic chassis braces, weaker arms, a stamped aluminum chassis, etcetera.

I'm curious to see how they price the mojave EXB.

Last edited:
The next batch of EXBs will have revised rear differentials that should be tougher. I have personally never driven a Mojave, however judging by the fact that it's longer and narrower than a Kraton tells me it might traction roll a bit easier, however the longer wheelbase might make it less snappy and easier to control at speed. Cost is also something to consider, you can have an EXB running for about $670 USD (blx185, dsservo 25kg, Dumbo radio) and then you get all the CNC 7075 EXB stuff.
The Mojave is $629, and you'll have plastic chassis braces, weaker arms, a stamped aluminum chassis, etcetera.

I think i recalibrated the steering and throttle on my dumborc remote according to the poopy manual thats the last chance if it doesn't fix it well its the motor

I'm expecting it to handle like an oversized slash :p, after all is it fully independent suspension, but I'll see.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back