Kraton Kraton EXB Ordered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

measuredpath

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Well, I finally pulled the trigger after a long debate on what my next RC would be (hopefully no regrets not getting a Traxxas). My goal with this wasn't to go crazy with the build as I usually do. Should arrive in a few weeks pending natural disasters/covid :LOL: . Already ordered some shims to sort any potential issues, but that really is a common thing to do with RC's. I am going to do a complete tear down and get everything sorted.

- SkyRC Pro150a have one in my SMT10 and its a great ESC
- SkyRC 1950kv 6 pole Brushless
- TBD most likely a Hitech, but I don't know if I want to destroy $$$ servos on a basher
- 4S with stock gearing and up it to 14t. 6S will follow once I get it dialed in.
- RPM front arms and rear skid plate
- 3D printed some roof savers in PETG and some mud flaps
- Futaba RX from one of my vehicles

Updates
-MC2 braces shipped
-3S 100c 6500 mah ordered
-HR diff cases

Anything I should be aware of whilst I peruse through the forum?

IMG_7140.jpeg
IMG_7149.jpeg
IMG_7151.jpeg
C70C4B1A-5E64-4ED3-BCDD-EEE8836D1A4B-17076-00000E96C17A58B1.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I finally pulled the trigger after a long debate on what my next RC would be (hopefully no regrets not getting a Traxxas). My goal with this wasn't to go crazy with the build as I usually do. Should arrive in a few weeks pending natural disasters/covid :LOL: . Already ordered some shims to sort any potential issues, but that really is a common thing to do with RC's. I am going to do a complete tear down and get everything sorted.

- SkyRC Pro150a have one in my SMT10 and its a great ESC
- SkyRC 1950kv 6 pole Brushless
- TBD most likely a Hitech, but I don't know if I want to destroy $$$ servos on a basher
- 4S with stock gearing and up it to 14t. 6S will follow once I get it dialed in.
- RPM front arms and rear skid plate
- 3D printed some roof savers in PETG and some mud flaps
- Futaba RX from one of my vehicles

Anything I should be aware of whilst I peruse through the forum?
Congrats on the purchase! Just an FYI the new batches of EXB comes shimmed in diffs and also comes with an extra 6 shims in the box. Making rear diff "open" instead of LSD is also a good move for better handing.
I'm wondering why you want RPM front control arms? I've heard the EXB arms are actually stronger? The rear skid plate is a must tho good choice there

Thanks! I can't wait to get it all setup and ready to go. Hopefully all my shipments are timed to arrive at the sametime.

Yeah, I noticed after I ordered it that shims are in the newer batches. I like to have shims on hand for my fleet of RC's anyways. I went with the RPM out of habit on my other vehicles. I think I might actually avoid using any tbone/rpm on this too much. I ordered some vinyl to make my own chassis plate protector.

I might actually make it an open diff as well. Easier to tune with fluid than the mechanical part, durable must be better too lol.

I would definitely leave the exb arms on until they break then put on the rpm's. Imo the exb ones are very strong. ARA311094 is the open diff shim kit that you will want. And definitely get the m2c rear shock tower brace part# 3035. This is a must and for only 35$ bucks or so it's beyond worth it.
https://m2cracing.net/arrma/381-m2c-3035-arrma-kratonoutcast-series-rear-shock-tower-brace.html

Thank you! That is now on my list of parts. Gonna put some items together I want and get'er done!

That looks great! I can't wait to get mine! It'll be at least two weeks for me up in Canada, albeit it free to ship :LOL: .. I miss living in the states or having the boarders open. I could have picked it up at the LHS, but I think it was the first batch and as much as I support them. I don't support $100 premium. Other items they aren't bad about eg paint, lexan bodies, misc stuff.

I printed some mud guards and roof rails for the inevitable 🤣. Got some xt90's connected on some batteries I haven't used since I picked them up. Already looking at some 3s ones and a new motor potentially.

The current stock of RPM arms do not fit the EXB. The EXB changed the geometry of the suspension and AFAIK they haven't come out with EXB arms. Some rumors/screenshots have shown there is interest within RPM to get these made but it could be a while.

The current stock of RPM arms do not fit the EXB. The EXB changed the geometry of the suspension and AFAIK they haven't come out with EXB arms. Some rumors/screenshots have shown there is interest within RPM to get these made but it could be a while.
Yeah, you're right. Prior to ordering I had Tower hobbies (didn't order with them), LHS and then finally RPM gave me an answer. The only one to give me the right answer, of course was RPM, but I had already ordered my kit by then. They did confirm new arms are in development, but it could be sometime for it to be released. Didn't cost me anything so I am not overly worried and as far as I knew the fronts were the only ones to work. However, the RPM rep was also referring to the EXB as a V5:confused:

gotcha, being new to this platform I was a little confused. Thank you for clearing that up, but overall it is still a V4, right?

V5 is mostly a V4 with the suspension upgrades, new electronics and sealed bearings. I think there are a few more changes I have left out, but those are the big ones.

What spektrum electronics did you pit in there? Please looking to go same path and howuch$ if you don't mind.
You guys are buying parts for somthing that is supposed to be built proff pit of the box ?????
I have the 8s system that is stock in the kraton and Outcast 8s. It's the Spektrum 1250kv motor and Spektrum 160amp esc. I now have a Promodeler servo installed and it's the best of the best hands down. I changed tires which made huge improvements in grip. Other than that I've rebuilt all three differentials at 50/200/20. Also got the m2c rear shock tower brace. I broke a wing mount and went with rpm. Had to dremel it to fit so not sure it's a better option. Everything else is stock.

I have the 8s system that is stock in the kraton and Outcast 8s. It's the Spektrum 1250kv motor and Spektrum 160amp esc. I now have a Promodeler servo installed and it's the best of the best hands down. I changed tires which made huge improvements in grip. Other than that I've rebuilt all three differentials at 50/200/20. Also got the m2c rear shock tower brace. I broke a wing mount and went with rpm. Had to dremel it to fit so not sure it's a better option. Everything else is stock.
How does it run on 8s being it's a bit smaller than the 1/5 and 1/7 that typically run it. I was planning on buying a typhon 6s but thought go big or go home lol, plus I would have to buy 6 s charger where I can run 2 4s in exb . Oh and what gear set up please?
I am sure I could slam the kraton and run some road tires to have some drifting fun too. I am so thinking about getting exb. Ahhh 🤯

What size pinion are you running? I have the same system ready to go in my exb when it shows up, and I am planning on starting with a 23T for running on 6s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back