Kraton Kraton EXB Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve B in Vegas

+11mm Kyosho Hubs on the Mojave.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
  2. Senton 3s
Greetings all,

Just doing a bit of research on the Kraton EXB, and I have a few questions for owners.

1. Has anyone installed shorter arms on the Kraton? Maybe Typhon arms?

2. How well does the Kraton body keep rocks and debris out from the chassis, especially away from the spur gear?

Thanks!

s

Except for this I’ve had minimal debris in my chassis 🥴

BB8A0665-5FEF-4103-BE2E-196E5EFAD545.jpeg

56D4F1F0-954E-4F80-836C-015494EE0CF6.jpeg

Rock and debris will get in. Probably nowhere near as much as it is the case for SCT like the Senton, but I did find rocks in my Kraton quite often. My center diff also has scrapes that are probably due to rocks getting in there for a moment, but rocks getting in has never caused me any problem or breakages. Several members here have much more run time than me with the Kraton and may have a different story to tell.

Greetings all,

Just doing a bit of research on the Kraton EXB, and I have a few questions for owners.

1. Has anyone installed shorter arms on the Kraton? Maybe Typhon arms?

2. How well does the Kraton body keep rocks and debris out from the chassis, especially away from the spur gear?

Thanks!

s
Never thought to use shorter arms to be honest. I like the wide stance of the Kraton. As far as debris goes, no more than expected. Heavy bursts in reverse are the nemesis. That larger gap than the swb platforms leaves more space for things to get thrown into the chassis. Haven't had any issues yet though.

No thoughts/experiences with shorter arms here, but as far as debris goes, it's pretty much "open wheel" vs. "closed wheel" designs and the amount of debris that gets in a Kraton will not be has bad as the Senton, Infraction, Felony type vehicles.

Thanks guys,

I'm not going to use the OEM wheels and tires, but rather my Motoworx 17mm beadlock wheels. Want to see if I can evolve it into a desert / rock racer. Those long truggy arms won't last too long on our track, so I want to tuck them in as much as possible.

Here are the wheels I will use .

s

6s on Grass 2.jpg

Just out of curiosity, what benefit will putting shorter arms on a Kraton have? I know that I like to put tires with offset rims on mine so I can widen its stance and give it a little better stability, but thats just me. I haven't had any issues with debris around the center diff, but I live in the muddy northeast.

Greetings K,

Few reasons for the change. First is that there are max track width allowances for U4RC, and truggies are all too wide. Next issue is the rough track surface we have. With a wide stance, the a-arms are more exposed to rocks passing under the buggy, between the tires. The track is anything but smooth, and you really feel the rock strikes smashing into the bottom of the buggy.

Here is some info on the track: https://www.mojavevalleyrcadventures.com/desert-racetrack.html

Greetings K,

Few reasons for the change. First is that there are max track width allowances for U4RC, and truggies are all too wide. Next issue is the rough track surface we have. With a wide stance, the a-arms are more exposed to rocks passing under the buggy, between the tires. The track is anything but smooth, and you really feel the rock strikes smashing into the bottom of the buggy.

Here is some info on the track: https://www.mojavevalleyrcadventures.com/desert-racetrack.html
What's the max track width you can go?

Greetings K,

Ok, that might have been the best answer to a question that I have ever asked! Thanks for putting that link in their as well, that description given of the track is outstanding and it seems like a place that can really test the limits of your RC. Nothing like the dirt track I have, yours is much better!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back