Kraton Kraton Exb rear diff revision

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markpc

Reaction score
For those interested, the diff in the revised exb has the LSD plates installed and in the lower action setup
The fluid was over half full. The whole diff setup had no shimming issues.

20201228_101927.jpg

20201228_101838.jpg

When did you purchase ? I thought these were going to come with the spacer instead of Lsd plates ?? interesting stuff thank you for the update.

19th December from wheelspinmodels.co.uk
I only opened up the diff today.
I was going to trust they had fixed the issue but I didn't want to find out the bad way.

I'm starting to think they are never going to come with that new spacer fitted, as they basically want you to pay extra for it..!! ?

I'm starting to think they are never going to come with that new spacer fitted, as they basically want you to pay extra for it..!! ?

I don’t think they ever will. Dearden’s comments were that the second batch and Mojave EXBs would come with the LSD plates. There was no mention that they would transition the rears to be open with the spacers.

I just ordered 2 kraton EXB’s the other day, will open and see when they arrive!
@Rcproponent
What'ya building with them ? ??

I almost bought one yesterday to create a Talion EXB, but too many other parts were out of stock..?

@Rcproponent

I almost bought one yesterday to create a Talion EXB, but too many other parts were out of stock..?
Bingo! I’m making a talion EXB. Well, my rendition of it.. not exb towers, it’ll be lightweight stuff. You’ll have to stay tuned! Don’t wanna give it all away. He he. Also, I will be making another one to sell. V5 electronics and RTR out the box. We’ll see how it goes ??‍♂️ Also got a Mojave EXB to do the same thing with. Sooo, Mojave exb and kraton exb soon to the classifieds ?? brand new motors installed, diffs serviced, ready to rip. ??
@Rcproponent

Get it! You get a free hat right now ??. Plus don’t miss out on your points :)

Slow rollers are alright... (you see what I did there ) ??

????

Finally opened the rear diff today on an Kraton EXB I got 2 weeks ago. Fluid was very low. Only two shims under each star gear. Not 3? Added an additional 59 shim to the ring gear side. Couldn’t fit one under the pin on cup side. That side was tight.
72F3A006-E7C6-4790-A36E-52BC63BDEB8E.jpeg
693DF2A7-0559-4CA5-BC8E-4B65895A7FDA.jpeg
3FA30EF0-63DB-4827-BDE3-7175FE749BDC.jpeg
E53CC0CE-E7FB-4DD1-90CC-828A35D54034.jpeg

98F88E87-7320-42E6-AFCD-A50E85333B30.jpeg

Last edited:
your ziti is getting cold...:ROFLMAO:
That’s what happens when your dining room doubles as workshop.

Not going to work out with that 3rd shim I added to the ring gear side. Too crunchy when reassembled. Could it be that the diff came shimmed properly from the factory with only 2 shims per side? Every diagram I’ve seen tells me 3 per side. Maybe I’m just losing my mind...

Last edited:
That’s what happens when your dining room doubles as workshop.

Not going to work out with that 3rd shim I added to the ring gear side. Too crunchy when reassembled. Could it be that the diff came shimmed properly from the factory with only 2 shims per side? Every diagram I’ve seen tells me 3 per side. Maybe I’m just losing my mind...
I was only able to use two per side

Can't remember off the top of my head but I know you want the larger diameter shim at the o-rings first then the next shim to give the outdrive minimal play.

I tried 3 shims too and just felt too tight and crunchy like you said. And I was only able to fit 2 13x16 shims when installing the diff back into the diff casing @MT4G3

Can't remember off the top of my head but I know you want the larger diameter shim at the o-rings first then the next shim to give the outdrive minimal play.

I tried 3 shims too and just felt too tight and crunchy like you said. And I was only able to fit 2 13x16 shims when installing the diff back into the diff casing @MT4G3
I took out one of the 59 shims and replaced it with a 60 Shim on the ring gear side. I believe adding .1mm even though both packages say .2. Still staying with 2 shims total

Last edited:
Instructions are only good if they work. Use your own judgement on the shimming and remember not all parts are created equally or even correctly

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back